website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating ISU World Tour 2024 - 2025

24 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

More of the new national idenities have been added to the website, or I just noticed them for the first time :p

I wonder under which name the many athletes who aren't from one of these 14 nations will race?

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I wonder under which name the many athletes who aren't from one of these 10 or so nations will race?

There’s two pages of those by the way.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

There’s two pages of those by the way.

Ah, hadn't seen the arrow to go to page 2. I assume that means they make a 'nickname' thingy for every country that has at least a single athlete participating...

Ice spiders and wolves and eagles and lions and hussars and vikings and then there's the Singapore....Gazelles :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 9/21/2024 at 12:03 AM, heywoodu said:

Like it wasn't bad enough, countries aren't going to be announced as the country anymore, they're now officially racing under super lame forced nicknames.

Dutch Lions

Korean Tigers

American Eagles

Belgian Ice Bears

etc.

So is it a league now? Or just plain shit. It sounds like some world league where any skater can represent any franchise. If that's the case, Dubai Camels, Azerbaijan Goats, Qatari Oryx and Uzbek Leopards should be on the way 

4 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

So is it a league now? Or just plain shit. It sounds like some world league where any skater can represent any franchise. If that's the case, Dubai Camels, Azerbaijan Goats, Qatari Oryx and Uzbek Leopards should be on the way 

I think that's isn't a league. They will just announce athletes with nicknames and no with nocs

5 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

I don't think so, athletes will still compete for their nations, it's just that the nations have some US-sports kind of nickname and won't be announced as the actual nation anymore.

Edited by heywoodu

3 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

I think that's isn't a league. They will just announce athletes with nicknames and no with nocs

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I don't think so, athletes will still compete for their nations, it's just that the nations have some US-sports kind of nickname and won't be announced as the actual nation anymore.

They could have had a month long league instead after the usual season ended with no such drama. This is too wierd I feel.

1 hour ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

They could have had a month long league instead after the usual season ended with no such drama. This is too wierd I feel.

It's also just unnecessary :d 

Reactions I've seen so far from the top skaters here mostly come down to: "Yeah, whatever" :p