website statistics

Team GB Daily: Day 10

4 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

No idea what to make of any of that to be honest? Dunno how much of that danish and italian rides was pacing issues, i'd be concerned about denmark going  off at that pace and getting in our slipstream....but they also died horribly, mixed bag 

Italians were maybe a bit of a mess, but I reckon Denmark are a man short of a full quartet.

Italians are all big name road riders; don’t practice much.

Edited by Grassmarket

2 minutes ago, Olympicsnell said:

No idea what to make of any of that to be honest? Dunno how much of that danish and italian rides was pacing issues, i'd be concerned about denmark going  off at that pace and getting in our slipstream....but they also died horribly, mixed bag 

Let's have a working assumption that we're not going to see a repeat of Tokyo. There will be no catch, no slip stream, no ignominious failure this year :d

It's fascinating comparing the heat times to Tokyo. Nobody went quicker than a 3:45 there.

But then they went crazy in the SFs and started dropping 3:42s. And crashing into each other, obviously.

And breathe.

I'll be honest, I had us 3rd even with Emma in there. So we're already a place higher than I expected.

0.029 between a race for bronze and the guaranteed medal we have now. Eeesh. Germans must be fuming.

3 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

And breathe.

I'll be honest, I had us 3rd even with Emma in there. So we're already a place higher than I expected.

0.029 between a race for bronze and the guaranteed medal we have now. Eeesh. Germans must be fuming.

3rd? I could see us finishing behind :GER but who else did you have finishing ahead of GB?