website statistics

2024 Olympics - Day 10 (August 5)

19 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Total medals: 17

Total 4ths: 12

That is insane. I don't know why it surprises me every single Olympics. 

This seems particularly worse than normal though. 

I understand the frustrattion but can you imagine the athletes?  They are doing their best = they lost in 3x3 ladies basketall Ithink three games by one point and that makes the difference.  Proud of them but wish they had a medal. I think that means Canada will not beat 24 medals from Tokyo   I am n ot sure  but I think they are out in ladies beach volleyball so that means men's basketball is the hope for a medal, breaking, and they would need 5 more medals from athletics (track and field).  Maybe 2 medals in field events and 2 medals in running maybe another medal in athletics? but hard to get 24.  I am noto sure if there are boating/rowing/canoeing events we could medal or if the artistic swimming we have a chance?

1 minute ago, Skater Boy said:

I understand the frustrattion but can you imagine the athletes?  They are doing their best = they lost in 3x3 ladies basketall Ithink three games by one point and that makes the difference.  Proud of them but wish they had a medal. I think that means Canada will not beat 24 medals from Tokyo   I am n ot sure  but I think they are out in ladies beach volleyball so that means men's basketball is the hope for a medal, breaking, and they would need 5 more medals from athletics (track and field).  Maybe 2 medals in field events and 2 medals in running maybe another medal in athletics? but hard to get 24.  I am noto sure if there are boating/rowing/canoeing events we could medal or if the artistic swimming we have a chance?

They aren’t. 

I know people hate fourth as it is so close to a medal but I think Canada at best is looking at fourth in the men'sd 4x100 relay and 4th in the 200m if Andre even makes it.  Can someone explain to me was Andre injured for some time or is hejust not very good any more (relatively)?  Iknow Penny O in swimming has gone through a lot of injuries.  I see we are way back in artisitic swimming but maybe it was the duets we had a chance for bronze???