website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Medal Count

3 minutes ago, dareza said:

and only silver for women's hockey team. And swimming team in pool :cry: My favorite swimming team :cry:

Yes, the women's hockey team was unlucky in the final. They played way better than GBR, but GBR was more effective and managed to score 3 goals.

The swimming team was just disappointing, bar the marathon swimmers. The 4th place in the 4x100m relay was sort of expected, but we all hoped for bronze. Individually, only Ranomi Kromowidjojo was close to reaching her potential. So there's already a lot of discussion going on on how to move forward from here.

About our team in the swimming pool: anything more than 2 medals already would have been surprising..like Dennis said, we were hoping for bronze in the 4x100m and maybe one medal from Kromowidjojo (like bronze in the 50 if everything went perfect), but that's about it. I'm much more saddened by Femke Heemskerk, of who we didn't expect an individual medal, but who had the most horrible swim meet in her career in terms of performance and technique...her French coach just destroyed her and she was swimming like a grandma, I've never seen a top swimmer look that bad in the pool. Considering she always comes across as a way nicer person than Kromowidjojo, I really hope she will change to another coach and finally reach her potential (which I believe can be bigger than Kromowidjojo) :) 

Polling in the judo had horribly bad luck with her draw, drawing the only opponent who really knows how to handle her already before the quarter finals..not much you can do about it. Like she said, "it's not like I lost to some 'nobody'..." 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

59 minutes ago, dareza said:

It was nice Games for countries from Balkans. 7 more than 3 medals: Croatia 10, Serbia and Turkey 8, Greece 6, Romania 5,Slovenia 4.,Bulgaria 3.

Im so sad for Montenegro :cry: Waterpolo team had chance, but hey 4. place 3rd time in a row. Too much.

Medals for team sports:

USA,Germany 5

Serbia 4

Italy 3

2 Brazil,Canada,Russia,Great Britan,France,Spain,

1 Croatia, Netherlands, Nigeria,Sweden,Denmark,Fiji :cheer:, Belgium,China,South Africa

------

Just crazy when you see this :lol:

4 teams in Rio (2 volley and 2 waterpolo) and 3 medals :ITA:yes

Still missing the Volley Men's Gold :( 40 years (11 OG) and won only 3 silver and 3 bronze ...... hope we don't wait too long as Brazil in football (64 years.....) :p

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

About our team in the swimming pool: anything more than 2 medals already would have been surprising..like Dennis said, we were hoping for bronze in the 4x100m and maybe one medal from Kromowidjojo (like bronze in the 50 if everything went perfect), but that's about it. I'm much more saddened by Femke Heemskerk, of who we didn't expect an individual medal, but who had the most horrible swim meet in her career in terms of performance and technique...her French coach just destroyed her and she was swimming like a grandma, I've never seen a top swimmer look that bad in the pool. Considering she always comes across as a way nicer person than Kromowidjojo, I really hope she will change to another coach and finally reach her potential (which I believe can be bigger than Kromowidjojo) :) 

Polling in the judo had horribly bad luck with her draw, drawing the only opponent who really knows how to handle her already before the quarter finals..not much you can do about it. Like she said, "it's not like I lost to some 'nobody'..." 

Completely agree with everything you said. Polling was indeed very unlucky to draw an opponent who doesn't compete much during the years and therefore was not seeded, but who in the end won the gold medal.

Overall I had expected this number of gold medals, but more total medals. Anyway, my nation winning medals isn't the most important thing for me at the Olympics of course, that's seeing great sports and I've seen A LOT of absolutely amazing matches, finals, races and so on :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Overall I had expected this number of gold medals, but more total medals. Anyway, my nation winning medals isn't the most important thing for me at the Olympics of course, that's seeing great sports and I've seen A LOT of absolutely amazing matches, finals, races and so on :) 

especally in men;s marathon :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

3 minutes ago, dareza said:

especally in men;s marathon :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

We did? :p 

Well yeah, the finish of the people far behind was really nice as always, the touching moments of the Iranian crawling over the finish, the Argentinian jumping sideways for the last km etc :)