website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Medal Count

2 minutes ago, justony said:

But there is not such difference, around 20 million people lives in ex-yu and around 16 million in your ex country. :)

ok..can´t argue :d

btw congrats for your medalists. Really happy especially with Kauzer. Finally got this deserved medal after 2 very sad misses in Beijing and London :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

ok..can´t argue :d

btw congrats for your medalists. Really happy especially with Kauzer. Finally got this deserved medal after 2 very sad misses in Beijing and London :thumbup:

Yes, I am really happy, all our athletes truely deserved their medals:

- Tina Trstenjak was heavilly injured before Olympics 

- Ana Velenšek also had some problems with injured knee

- Vasilij Žbogar took medal in one of toughest sailing classes at age of 40

- Peter Kauzer really mentally prepared well after missing medals on previou two occasions.

Congrats to your athletes, we already know canoe is your speciality, now even on flat water. I was really glad for Matej Toth, I know you watch race walk really closely.

It was nice Games for countries from Balkans. 7 more than 3 medals: Croatia 10, Serbia and Turkey 8, Greece 6, Romania 5,Slovenia 4.,Bulgaria 3.

Im so sad for Montenegro :cry: Waterpolo team had chance, but hey 4. place 3rd time in a row. Too much.

Medals for team sports:

USA,Germany 5

Serbia 4

Italy 3

2 Brazil,Canada,Russia,Great Britan,France,Spain,

1 Croatia, Netherlands, Nigeria,Sweden,Denmark,Fiji :cheer:, Belgium,China,South Africa

------

Just crazy when you see this :lol:

39th place with record number of medals for us-18:AZE  I wish we had more gold medals, but overall good result. As Telegraph says, when it comes to number of medals per athlete, we are the most efficient:d:woot:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/olympics/2016/08/21/rio-2016-alternate-medal-table-how-countries-rank-when-we-adjust/

42 minutes ago, dareza said:

It was nice Games for countries from Balkans. 7 more than 3 medals: Croatia 10, Serbia and Turkey 8, Greece 6, Romania 5,Slovenia 4.,Bulgaria 3.

Im so sad for Montenegro :cry: Waterpolo team had chance, but hey 4. place 3rd time in a row. Too much.

Medals for team sports:

USA,Germany 5

Serbia 4

Italy 3

2 Brazil,Canada,Russia,Great Britan,France,Spain,

1 Croatia, Netherlands, Nigeria,Sweden,Denmark,Fiji :cheer:, Belgium,China,South Africa

------

Just crazy when you see this :lol:

All of our 4 teams made the semis in their respective tournaments, but 3 teams finished 4th (Women's volleyball, women's handball and men's field hockey) :wall:

Overall, most surprised by Italy's medals. Denmark, USA, Russia, and GBR also did better than I expected. :thumbup:

Most disappointed by Mongolia, I expected way more medals from them than the two medals they won. :facepalm:I also expected more medals from Ukraine, Iran, Poland, and the Czech Republic.

For the Netherlands, I expected more medals, but we had a lot of 4th place finished. :facepalm:Furthermore, some of the gold medal favorites, such as Epke Zonderland, Kim Polling, and the whole equestrian team, were disappointing. On the other hand, some nice gold medal surprises, such as Sanne Wevers on balance beam and both gold medals in marathon swimming.

1 minute ago, Dennis said:

All of our 4 teams made the semis in their respective tournaments, but 3 teams finished 4th (Women's volleyball, women's handball and men's field hockey) :wall:

Overall, most surprised by Italy's medals. Denmark, USA, Russia, and GBR also did better than I expected. :thumbup:

Most disappointed by Mongolia, I expected way more medals from them than the two medals they won. :facepalm:I also expected more medals from Ukraine, Iran, Poland, and the Czech Republic.

For the Netherlands, I expected more medals, but we had a lot of 4th place finished. :facepalm:Furthermore, some of the gold medal favorites, such as Epke Zonderland, Kim Polling, and the whole equestrian team, were disappointing. On the other hand, some nice gold medal surprises, such as Sanne Wevers on balance beam and both gold medals in marathon swimming.

and only silver for women's hockey team. And swimming team in pool :cry: My favorite swimming team :cry: