website statistics

Team GB Full delegation announced Road to Paris 2024

10 minutes ago, Jon said:

Well that’s a bitter pill to swallow if it’s the Dutch given they have a rapist on the team. No matter what she’s done to the horse I doubt it’s worse than that.

Given Dutch dressage training practices historically, it stinks to high heaven. Sadly this looks like the Dutch sporting establishment once more showing it's a pretty tawdry group of people. This isn't about animal welfare. It's about naked self interest. Just like picking the rapist.

Edit: sorry, get it right, CHILD rapist.

Edited by mpjmcevoy

I think that that is speculation unwarranted at this stage, even though if I was at the pub and not on a forum I'd probably agree.

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

I mean even if it is the Dutch leaking it for nakedly partisan reasons, it still doesn't excuse the actions.

I was happily on my moral high horse about their selection issues before now. Unfortunately it seems that high horse got like that through some...disreputable training practices.

6 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

Yeah, in the Telegraph I think it was saying as much (as fact)

As @mpjmcevoy says, there are rumours of much worse practices going on in Germany, Holland and Eastern Europe than this but they seem to be aware not to let any video of it escape.

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

Appears she repeatedly struck the horse's legs in order to correct its movement

I suspect the reality is that this use of the whip on legs is absolutely the standard practice. And on the lower end of it, frankly, if you've read up on Rollkur. But, as you say, like pro wrestling, you're not supposed to let it out.

The parallels with Strictly Come dancing are astonishing.

In which case, I suspect we will see over the next few years something of a revenge mission against the Dutch. You don't break Kayfabe.

1 hour ago, Epic Failure said:

I mean even if it is the Dutch leaking it for nakedly partisan reasons, it still doesn't excuse the actions.

I was happily on my moral high horse about their selection issues before now. Unfortunately it seems that high horse got like that through some...disreputable training practices.

I'm going to go with, yes, treating animals harshly is very bad, but still not on the scale of raping little girls.

What I find hard to swallow is the, I'm pretty certain, blinding hypocrisy of it. Naked partisan is one thing. When you know damn well the nature of European dressage training, its difficult to stomach. i'm perfectly content that Dujardin is banned, and Hester is investigated. Good. But I damn well hope the Dutch get what's coming to them too.