website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Medal Count

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

China takes a 1 gold lead over the United States going into the final day. 13 events remaining specifically:

Athletics - Women's Marathon

Basketball - Women's Tournament

Cycling - Men's Keirin

Cycling - Women's Individual Sprint

Cycling - Women's Omnium

Handball - Men's Tournament

Modern Pentathlon - Women's Individual

Volleyball - Women's Tournament

Water Polo - Men's Tournament

Weightlifting - Women's +81kg

Wrestling - Men's Freestyle -65kg

Wrestling - Men's Freestyle -97kg

Wrestling - Women's Freestyle -76kg

Of these events, here are the ones with either China or the United States still active

China

Cycling - Women's Omnium

Modern Pentathlon - Women's Individual

United States

Basketball - Women's Tournament

Cycling - Women's Omnium

Volleyball - Women's Tournament

Wrestling - Women's Freestyle -76kg

China is heavily favoured to win the women's +81kg weightlifting, after that their gold medal chances become quite non-existent. Honestly, out of the three remaining events for them they have the best chance in women's marathon and that's pretty much near 0%.

Will the United States find at least two more golds to win? The women's basketball will be their best chance for gold which counters the weightlifting medal China will win tomorrow. After that they have a trio of events; women's omnium, women's volleyball, and women's freestyle -76kg to win gold. Statistically, they should win at least one gold from the three, but there is a big enough chance that they could miss in all three.

Imagine scenario: USA wins only women's basketball gold but Chinese wheightlifter bombs at the clean and jerk...

9 minutes ago, George_D said:

Imagine scenario: USA wins only women's basketball gold but Chinese wheightlifter bombs at the clean and jerk...

I mean, she can lift at 90% of her capacity and still easily win gold.

Another scenario: The Chinese rider intentionally crashes into the United States during the points race of the omnium to prevent her from winning gold.

Or maybe the United States wins one of those golds, but somehow chokes the basketball game. :p 

I want CHN to win but my most realistic scenario is both ends on same gold (Imagine this). It has never happened in Olympic Games.

China has never reached 40’Gold. This will be the 1st time ever (outside Beijing games).  And also a draw with Powerhouse US in Gold in Neutral soil. No country has ever done that since USSR? I cant remember since when. 

I take it as a sign of progress. There is nothing can be done if US gets 60 gold+ in LA. My expectations is to take care of what you can do and get 40+ Gold for CHN in LA. Again starting with 3 gold Boxing handicap.

By the way , the Omnium is very open race. 3 riders with 3+ odds (1 of those riders is US so it will be between those 3) and the rest at 11+ odds. Its a very tough race to call. There is not even favourite , let alone clear ones. However; that US wrestler looks really strong. I think she has good chance to get gold.

I think Breaking is going to be a hard sell to return.  It was fun but  it was not explained well.  The one on one idea is hard to accept and respect as there is no actual physical competition.  it really is like judging routines and highest wins except because the sport is so new no one knows that the valueis of the moves.  The way the sport was presented including the names and announcers it seemed more like  WWE wrestling than an olympic sport.  Breaking is like some of the X games aimed at the young but it is not translating well to a sport and olympics.

Enormous compromitation. Probably we won't win even 10 medals. We are back to like after war levels in Poland...😂

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

1 hour ago, Skater Boy said:

I think Breaking is going to be a hard sell to return.  It was fun but  it was not explained well.  The one on one idea is hard to accept and respect as there is no actual physical competition.  it really is like judging routines and highest wins except because the sport is so new no one knows that the valueis of the moves.  The way the sport was presented including the names and announcers it seemed more like  WWE wrestling than an olympic sport.  Breaking is like some of the X games aimed at the young but it is not translating well to a sport and olympics.

If the IOC ever decides to fully add DanceSport to the Olympics I can see breaking returning as one of the styles.

48 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

If the IOC ever decides to fully add DanceSport to the Olympics I can see breaking returning as one of the styles.

But why should IOC add Dance? It is an art form and not a sport. Calling it DanceSport doesn't make it a sport. Honestly, I would stop watching the Olympics if they ever add DanceSport as a whole sport with multiple events.

8 hours ago, MedalChampion said:

Day 15 Update

Right now, at the end of Day 15, we have the following gold medals for the USA, China, and France:

:CHN 39 gold medals (+1 compared to the same period at the 2020 Games)

:USA 38 gold medals (+2 compared to the same period at the 2020 Games)

:FRA 16 gold medals (+7 compared to the same period at the 2020 Games)

Everything will be decided on the last day.

You appear to have omitted Australia and Japan both of which have won more gold medals than France. 😀