website statistics

Archery WA Final World Olympic Qualifier 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Fer GUA said:

Is it true that :ESA received an Universality Quota?  Centro Caribe Sports announced Oscar Ticas as qualified to the games.

There's nothing official from World Archery, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was awarded the quota. He's the best tripartite eligible archer whose nation is not yet qualified.

In other news, it looks like :TGA declined their quota.

33 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

There's nothing official from World Archery, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was awarded the quota. He's the best tripartite eligible archer whose nation is not yet qualified.

In other news, it looks like :TGA declined their quota.

Sad, but good news for :CRO @dcro

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

Sad, but good news for :CRO @dcro

I assume they didn't decline the quota but failed to reach the MQS. same goes to the other Oceania archers

but in this case what they are going to do with the quota ? awarding it to the next archer in FIQT (which will be our 16 yo kid :d) or giving it to the ranking ?

the rules say if reallocation happen before the FIQT that quota will go to the FIQT, and if it happens after the FIQT, the quota goes to the ranking.

the Oceania qualification happened long time ago, before the FIQT but they are doing the process now, after the FIQT. so to me it can go both ways, depends on how they read their own rules.

did I miss something ? :mumble:

7 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I assume they didn't decline the quota but failed to reach the MQS. same goes to the other Oceania archers

but in this case what they are going to do with the quota ? awarding it to the next archer in FIQT (which will be our 16 yo kid :d) or giving it to the ranking ?

the rules say if reallocation happen before the FIQT that quota will go to the FIQT, and if it happens after the FIQT, the quota goes to the ranking.

the Oceania qualification happened long time ago, before the FIQT but they are doing the process now, after the FIQT. so to me it can go both ways, depends on how they read their own rules.

did I miss something ? :mumble:

Interestingly enough Fiji still has their women's quota despite also being nowhere near the MQS.

Whether it goes to the FIQT or World Rankings likely depends on when the quota was declined. Iran should ask to see when the email/official rejection was sent.

35 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Interestingly enough Fiji still has their women's quota despite also being nowhere near the MQS.

Whether it goes to the FIQT or World Rankings likely depends on when the quota was declined. Iran should ask to see when the email/official rejection was sent.

@MHSNiran has enough quotas 

this one is ours 😂

4 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

that's too much to ask from our Archery federation :d they are terrible in administrative duties

yesterday during the qualification men's recurve, our #1 and #2 (both in top 100 WR with slim chance to do something here) made a mistake and shot the first series of 6 shots in place of each other, both received zero for the first 6 arrows and therefore finished in last positions :facepalm:

:ROU :ISR & :DEN obtain the final spots by reallocation via individual world ranking.

Heartbreak for :SLO as they fell short by 0.5 points of getting that last spot, a win at today’s 1/8 finals by Pintaric would have made it. 

Also heartbreak for :CRO as their archer can’t no longer qualify by world ranking, being passed by :LUX due to Pit Klein’s today performance. 

In men’s the reallocated spots by ranking go to :ISR & either :FIN / :LUX who are tied with 107 points each. There’s no clear rule for breaking a tied rank, so World Archery will need to confirm this situation. 

Finally, the spot left by :TGA should be filled by :IRI if the rejection came before final WQT, otherwise it goes to :FIN / :LUX

Edited by mrv86

21 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

:ROU :ISR & :DEN obtain the final spots by reallocation via individual world ranking.

Heartbreak for :SLO as they fell short by 0.5 points of getting that last spot, a win at today’s 1/8 finals by Pintaric would have made it. 

Also heartbreak for :CRO as their archer can’t no longer qualify by world ranking, being passed by :LUX due to Pit Klein’s today performance. 

In men’s the reallocated spots by ranking go to :ISR & either :FIN / :LUX who are tied with 107 points each. There’s no clear rule for breaking a tied rank, so World Archery will need to confirm this situation. 

Finally, the spot left by :TGA should be filled by :IRI if the rejection came before final WQT, otherwise it goes to :FIN / :LUX

Given the tie between :FIN and :LUX I reckon the final spot will go to them and they'll just make out that the quota was rejected after the WQT (which is fairly easy to do).