website statistics

Rowing WR Final World Olympic Qualification Regatta 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I'm happy and relieved we were able to get these two lightweight quotas! These crews really deserved it.

Also happy two of them are from my city (Fitsiou and Gkaidatzis)!

Great for Kontou to go to the Olympics as an 18 yo, as of now she is the youngest Greek qualified in any sport, though Cholopoulos who is 17 yo will have a chance in about 10 minutes in M2X.

Sad that Fragkou didn't make it, she had a great Olympic cycle at the U19 and U23 levels but clearly isn't getting good enough results at the senior level yet. She is still just 21 so hopefully she will be more ready for Los Angeles :)

3 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

that would be good, Greek rowing finds color again.. :thumbup:

Yes, well, we have LW2X and LM2X which will not be part of the Olympic programme anymore, but we also have W2- where Anastasiadou used to be a lightweight, and M1X where Ntouskos used to be a lightweight, so there is hope that maybe some of these can still be successful in rowing after Paris.

So no M2X for us, I hope they don't get discouraged and that Kalandaridis sticks around for Los Angeles. Cholopoulos we will still see at the European U19s in a few weeks :d

We will have 7 rowers in Paris, definitely not as many as we expected but considering how much of a disaster the World Championships were last year, I guess we can't complain. We only had 4 in Tokyo so it is an improvement even if we are not back at our London/Rio levels yet in terms of team size.

33 minutes ago, copravolley said:

The entire period from 2021 they were out of shape, but their form in this competition is scandalous. A few weeks ago at the European Championships, they lost to Greece by less than 2 seconds with a different lineup. This squad from the Olympics turned out to be a total failure. Unfortunately, Italian rowing is getting worse and the staff is making bad decisions. We will only qualify 7 teams, which is the worst result since 2012, when our other coaches in Romania are building their power there...

Time for Italy (Rome) to return to the days their vessels carried battering rams to gain victory?

That was not cute from our quad, but top-2 is top-2, so we never complain about it. Sorry Canada, but you stole our artistic team quota and it will be fair if we stole this quota from you