website statistics

Rowing WR Final World Olympic Qualification Regatta 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Posted (edited)

I’m sorry, I like all of the Italian users on here, but I don’t get why they’re complaining?

They sent 23 rowers to Tokyo, and now improve on that with 32 (still a number much higher than many other nations), and they’re still complaining? That’s a huge number, I’d gladly swap places with them with our 11 athletes :d

Edited by Josh

Just now, Josh said:

I’m sorry, I like all of the Italian users on here, but I don’t get why they’re complaining. They sent 23 rowers to Tokyo, and now improve on that with 32 (still a number much higher than many other nations), and they’re still complaining? That’s a huge number, I’d gladly swap places with them with our 11 athletes :d

Some countries measure by quotas, but Italy and others measure by medal chances.

It is all still to be decided, but for a country like Italy medals are the only focus (or they should be anyway!)

Just now, dodge said:

Some countries measure by quotas, but Italy and others measure by medal chances.

It is all still to be decided, but for a country like Italy medals are the only focus (or they should be anyway!)

They have a couple of medal chances though, and it’s not like Italy is a rowing powerhouse. 

Athlete quotas can vary wildly in rowing depending on which boat qualifies. Here are the biggest winners and losers by number of boats vs. 2020 (ignoring Belarus/Russia).

Winners

:ROU +3 boats

:USA +3 boats

:BUL +2 boats

:ESP +2 boats

:SUI +2 boats

:UKR +2 boats

Losers

:CAN -8 boats

:POL -4 boats

:CHN -3 boats

:NCA -2 boats (might get tripartite quota)

Everyone else either gained or lost one boat or had no change.