website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

O'Callaghan's split in the last 50 was 27.98!

I guess that's the fastest last 50 ever in a 200 free. For comparison, she split 28.37 at trials, when she swam her personal best (Titmus was 28.28 in that race) and 28.11 when she set the former world record.

Edited by maestro

4 hours ago, maestro said:

O'Callaghan's split in the last 50 was 27.98!

I guess that's the fastest last 50 ever in a 200 free. For comparison, she split 28.37 at trials, when she swam her personal best (Titmus was 28.28 in that race) and 28.11 when she set the former world record.

Second fastest. Tang Muhan went 27.95 when negative splitting her current PB 1:54.26

9 hours ago, Josh said:

:GRE Christou .02 off of bronze, but still a great performance. 

@Makedonas @Ted @maestro

Thank you, my friend!

It is very painful, we have improved so much in swimming and I really thought this time we could finally win a medal in the pool. Of course we still have a few other chances like Gkolomeev and Siskos but I really thought Christou had the best chance, it hurts so much that he missed it by just .02. I would've rather he finished 7th or something. To be so close to a historic moment and not make it...

It's hard to be positive in these moments, we lost 3 big medal chances within the span of a few hours (Christou, Gkountoura, Sakkari/Tsitsipas mixed doubles) :cry:

However I hope Gianniotis can be an inspiration to all Greek Olympians, especially Christou as he is also a swimmer. He was 5th in Athens, then 4th in London (as the favourite) and everyone thought he missed his chance, then he came back to Rio at 36 yo and finally got his Olympic medal!