website statistics

Men's Volleyball Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

20 minutes ago, MHSN said:

this is not basketball where you can qualify by 1 very big win, in volleyball you can't win more than 3 sets :d

no guarantee any of those 3 teams can qualify with just 3 pts (from a 3-0 win against Egypt) They need at least 1 pt (2 sets) in one of those two matches.

I think that 4 pts. are enough (3x0 vs Egypt + 1 pts. vs Pol/Bra).

1 hour ago, hoversaBR said:

Honestly, Serbia is worse than all the teams you mentioned (except Egypt) and I still think Slovenia will fail, as they don't have a B team and they will probably arrive at the Olympics exhausted. 

Considering how well Canada is doing I think your chances are good.

Serbia just beat us in 4, a couple of weeks ago…

I’m not convinced, but Canada has advanced to the quarterfinals at the last two Olympics, hopefully we can do it again. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MHSN said:

this is not basketball where you can qualify by 1 very big win, in volleyball you can't win more than 3 sets :d

no guarantee any of those 3 teams can qualify with just 3 pts (from a 3-0 win against Egypt) They need at least 1 pt (2 sets) in one of those two matches.

I know. 

But having Egypt in your group pretty much guarantees you 3 points, which is a BIG boost towards your chances of making it towards the quarterfinals. I think 1 more point should do it. 

Edited by Josh

1 hour ago, Pavlo said:

Most of us don't care any more about groups. We just care if....this time...we will win 1/4. So maybe this group is good for us in this perspective. If we don't have to face Slovenia 🙂🙂 of course in 1/4 

Yes we are waiting for 1/4 :D

I’m glad Poland got a more challenging group this time around. Being in a weaker group didn’t help much the last few times, so I’m hoping this time it’s gonna be different 

13 hours ago, copravolley said:

I think that 4 pts. are enough (3x0 vs Egypt + 1 pts. vs Pol/Bra).

We will see if Brazil gets any better. From my point of view both our teams should play for 1st place and all 3 giants will qualify. Then it's this ranking then, first time. Strange pairs in 1/4 possible, unfair i mean. We have to wait and see, i preferred the old system. This one is better for rugby 7s and basketball, maybe even handball but doesnt suit volleyball tournament. 

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

5 hours ago, diable said:

I’m glad Poland got a more challenging group this time around. Being in a weaker group didn’t help much the last few times, so I’m hoping this time it’s gonna be different 

Yep but it would help in old system, in this new one it's hard to tell. 

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

At this point I'd prefer a format like the new football's Champions League. No groups, 3 pots of 4 teams and you play against a team from each pot, and a single ranking. Or they could have 4 pots of 3 teams, so 4 matches in the first round instead of 5 (old format) or 4 (new format). At least the quarter finals pairing would be less random.

Anyway, they wanted to avoid teams "choosing" their quarterfinals opponent in the last round but they gave a huge advantage to the 2 teams that play the very last match of the pool phase - they can potentially mix up the whole table at their liking with good calculations.

39 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

Could be better, could be worse :dunno:

All of Canada’s matches are at 12:00 PST. On the plus side, Canada’s first match against Slovenia (on July 28) starts right after Day 1 Finals in swimming (although unfortunately at the same time as France v. Canada in women’s football) and I’ll definitely be watching, but the second (France) and third (Serbia) matches will be much more difficult to watch (the August 3 one will be pretty much impossible with athletics/swimming afternoon/finals sessions, but I’m up for the challenge) with me requiring multiple devices on both days.

Not to mention like 90% of the Olympic schedule isn’t out yet :facepalm: