website statistics

Rowing at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

They had in the semifinals as well. They are currently rowing like this. Glad it worked again.

yeah, that was impressive

Bring back the 1991 borders

2 minutes ago, ChandlerMne said:

Yeah, i was referring exactly to Wiki page. :)

Thanks!

According to the English Wikipedia Nicolo Carucci took part in 2 events: 2 and 4 (eliminations). And in addition, I don`t understand why in the eliminations in our 4 there is no Luca Chiumento at all, since Rambaldi came in for Carucci. Previously the composition of our 4 was as follows: Carucci, Chiumento, Gentili, Panizza. Now Rambaldi came in for Carucci, who went to 2 with Sartori.

12 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Ukraine won gold in this competition in 2012 in London but I don't know how many people are left from that team now?

Just one. But the crew was unstable. Just before the Games we made a substitution - a girl from W1x went to W4x (so we lost W1x license).

It was a clear evidence of problems. And I did not expect medal today in "realistic mode". But, of course, when we spent 3/4 of the final at the medal position it was a real drama to lost all the stakes.

33 minutes ago, copravolley said:

According to the English Wikipedia Nicolo Carucci took part in 2 events: 2 and 4 (eliminations). And in addition, I don`t understand why in the eliminations in our 4 there is no Luca Chiumento at all, since Rambaldi came in for Carucci. Previously the composition of our 4 was as follows: Carucci, Chiumento, Gentili, Panizza. Now Rambaldi came in for Carucci, who went to 2 with Sartori.

I didnt even know that these changes are allowed because teams usually announce alternatives but in rowing i never saw that. :mumble:

3 finals for us, the most ever :yes

Hopefully, Ntouskos can add a 4th tomorrow but it's going to be very difficult. Who would've thought that possibly the only one to miss out would be the reigning Olympic champion?!

I'm hoping for a medal but it will be tough, maybe one of our crews can sneak a bronze. The two lightweight doubles will be in Lane 2 so maybe it's possible.

A colleague on site said a certain British rower holding her gold medal was taking pictures with everyone around and even the policemen. Also seemed very nice to everyone. Given the pic he posted it seems like that was Lola Anderson but I'm not an expert on rowing anyway :p