website statistics

Breaking at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, intoronto said:

:facepalm:

Didn't know Duncan Mackay had fallen from a pretty serious journalist to throwing around meme-level stuff :p 

Seems like a last year kind of thing mostly? Judging by the results where the points are coming from, most of which are from last year. Plus most of the top ranked athletes there weren't in the Olympics I think. Doesn't exactly look like the 'main' world ranking :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 hours ago, intoronto said:

:facepalm:

That's completely ridiculous, and another reason to get rid of it from Olympics.

But, to be fair, the WDSF Breaking rankings were quite precise during Olympic Qualification. They weren't clear about how the quota would be given, but imo, they find a good way to distribute the points.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• from Thursday, Sept. 12th through Sunday, Sept. 15th,  Genua hosts the Coastal Rowing World Championships in the Olympic Format (Beach Sprint)   it's the first championship since the discipline has been elected to the Olympic stage   last week, the Endurance World Championships were also held in Genua     the champions:   CW1x:  Monika Dukarska   CM1x:  Finlay Hamill   CW2x:  Katharina Lobnig, Magdalena Lobnig CM2x:  Igor Khmara, Stanislav Kovalov CW4x+:  Anna Sarah Sophie Souwer, Kiri English-Hawke, Marieke Keijser, Karolien Florijn, Dieuwke Fetter CM4x+:  Yuriy Ivanov, Mykola Mazur, Ivan Futryk, Ivan Dovhodko, Anastasiia Kozyr CMix2x:  Patricio Rojas Aznar, Amanda Gil Camacho
    • One more nation to reach decent number of 30 participants.
    • Inline Slalom   women's Slalom   Gold:  Mona Heller Silver:  Lorenza Cesaris Bronze:  Manuela Schmohl   men's Junior Slalom   Gold:  Mattia Pè Silver:  Christian Rondi Bronze:  Marcos Arias Sanchez
    • Judging always takes two or three minutes in these competitions - longer even for possible medal runs - for reasons above, so just saying DNI is a way of saying it's not worth comparing a fall on the third hit to a fall on the fourth hit since neither are going to affect the overall.  
    • Scoring in all these events is a bit strange as they are not judging a pre-defined move to an absolute standard, as happens in diving, gymnastics etc, but are constantly shuffling around trying to score riders relative not only to each other, but to that riders' previous runs earlier in the competition and qualifying.  
    • Slovak Entry     Team  -  Prievan v peňaženke (Empty Wallet or literal translation"draught in the wallet")   Time for some retro-Rockl...   One of the most famous pre and post communism fall era, The Bratislava band Team led by its unique and charismatic singer Pavol Habera who was extremely popular during the most important period of our and czech history around the communism end in 1989. His band survived the hard censure of the regime and produced many, many and Many hits in this period.   Nowadays much older the lads are still playing however with slight softening of the original music style. Habera was also quite famous as Simon Cowell-style judge in the czechoslovak version of American Idol in the previous decade.   The song I picked was and is still a sort of a unofficial anthem of young people, I guess the majority of us knew this feeling about having constantly an empty wallet   but, without further ado, here is the 1989 song Prievan v peňaženke from Team, hope some of you will enjoy it     Lyrics       Lyrics   I guess it takes a special talent To be always running dry with money No use wasting any more words I'm one of those soft-hearted folks Who are always penniless   I'm a faithful friend to every bank But there's still no cash in my wallet Just a ten-penny coin, long time non-valid The sad end of payslip days   My wallet is always empty I lose bank notes by the pound My wallet is always empty I can hear their distant laughter…   There might be a Bermuda triangle in my wallet I can’t win this fight against nature My blood pressure is low and my salary follows suit My pockets are empty like those of a big-beat fan   My wallet is always empty I lose bank notes by the pound My wallet is always empty I can hear their distant laughter…   I'm the ultimate currency expert No success in my wallet Hey, bro ! could you lend me a twenty ? I'll be happy to return it later!   (Maybe!)   My wallet is always empty I lose bank notes by the pound My wallet is always empty I can hear their distant laughter… I guess it takes a special talent To be always running dry with money1 No use wasting any more words I’m one of those soft-hearted folks Who are always penniless I’m a faithful friend to every bank But there’s still litt https://lyricstranslate.com/en/prievan-v-pe%C5%88a%C5%BEenke-empty-wallet.html
    • Karate quotas for the 2025 Junior Pan Am Games:    https://a3a7237c5a.clvaw-cdnwnd.com/92587134f868557604df38abe147f64e/200165572-a4eb7a4eba/PAISES CLASIFICADOS - ATLETAS 8va POSICION - (1).pdf
    • Okay, I used the tables in the article to calculate the qualification rankings for flying disc (ultimate): https://wfdf.sport/2024/08/road-to-chengdu-qualifying-for-the-world-games-at-wuc-2024/    should be qualified by my math.  are tied in ranking points, so assuming  gets the host quota, I'm not sure who gets the last quota place between those two teams. Of course, none of this is official as only the federation can confirm who qualified. 
    • swept all three events: open, women's and mixed 
    • That's completely ridiculous, and another reason to get rid of it from Olympics.   But, to be fair, the WDSF Breaking rankings were quite precise during Olympic Qualification. They weren't clear about how the quota would be given, but imo, they find a good way to distribute the points.