website statistics

Boxing at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

:CHN  women boxers now get 3 semifinal(W50 Wu Yu,W66 Yang Liu& W75 Li Qian)and 2 final(W54 Chang Yuan & W60 Yang Wenlu),only W57 Xu Zichun eliminated in quarterfinal.(but men boxers are both beaten very fast……)

Maybe gold medals are not so far?

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Heads up, like every single other participating nation all the fighters were just robbed :p 

Same for us.

I would love for this to be true, but Brazil was one of the few countries that was not robbed in this competition (Ok, that's impossible, Jucielen was robbed today :d).

The team overall performed below expectations. :cry:

6 hours ago, Ros said:

Do you know who is this and what this fingers mean? This is Bulgarian boxer Svetlana Staneva, who had Tin Lin as her opponent. Before Tin's hand was raised, Svetlana showed a X sign, meaning "l am a real woman with only X chromosomes".FB_IMG_1722770744995.jpg

And after this her coach made a protest 

Screenshot_20240804_145238_Facebook.jpg

pathetic crying loser (the bulgarian), they are both a woman

1 hour ago, erquanmen said:

:CHN  women boxers now get 3 semifinal(W50 Wu Yu,W66 Yang Liu& W75 Li Qian)and 2 final(W54 Chang Yuan & W60 Yang Wenlu),only W57 Xu Zichun eliminated in quarterfinal.(but men boxers are both beaten very fast……)

Maybe gold medals are not so far?

I think China is getting at least one gold. Maybe 2 if things align their way. You are not winning W60 against Harrington. W54 is 50-50 against Akbas. In the other 3 let's see who makes it to the final.

14 hours ago, Josh said:

@Ogreman what did you think about the Sanford-Oumiha bout?

I thought it was a really good and enjoyable fight. It was the right decision though, Oumiha is ridiculously accurate and Sanford doesn't really move his head much so every single shot Oumiha threw landed. Second and third rounds were both close and Sanford landed some really good punches but while the French have gotten a couple of hometown decision, this wasn't one of them and I didn't have any issue with the scoring here.

14 hours ago, intoronto said:

Announcers: Sanford did much of the work! Majority of judges: let's give the round to his opponent!

I hope this sh*t is gone after Paris

There is an important distinction to be made here between doing more of the work and landing more/ landing better punches. Doing more work is just a means to an end, the latter is the scoring criteria.