website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, she already seemed somewhat injured after the high jump and never really got in contention for the medals at all. Judging by how she looked sitting there on the stands, she's not exactly heartbroken, probably saw it coming for a while already :p 

I didn’t watch the high jump, but I noticed she did look off during the long jump (the technique and height wasn’t really there) , and of course her also being quite far behind in the standings. 

What exactly happened?

33 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

What kind of justice?  :IND had better timings than :RSA.

From next time, teams would like to intentionally tripple in their lanes and demand qualification to the next round.

South Africa were brought down by idiot moves by Spain, not their own fault.

5 hours ago, tirtha22 said:

What kind of justice?  :IND had better timings than :RSA.

From next time, teams would like to intentionally tripple in their lanes and demand qualification to the next round.

Think you were watching a completely different race than the rest of us, because that’s not what happened at all :d

25 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Interesting stat here.  Of all the people who went into a repechage, in all events, only two actually made a final - Marques in the Women’s 1500m & the cheat Crittenden in the hurdles.

Not surprising at all, as they only tired the athletes even more, instead of being some positive second chance. 

50 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Interesting stat here.  Of all the people who went into a repechage, in all events, only two actually made a final - Marques in the Women’s 1500m & the cheat Crittenden in the hurdles.

Ya, IMO the repechage is only just a way to fill up the morning sessions with more races. In that way I guess it did work?

From a competitive standpoint it's a real bust.

Edited by NearPup

Question: how many (if any ever) Olympics or WCh did Jamaica finish with more medals in field than in track?

Right now: 4 field (among them their only gold) and only 2 track.

18 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Ya, IMO the repechage is only just a way to fill up the morning sessions with more races. In that way I guess it did work?

From a competitive standpoint it's a real bust.

Fair enough, but that is not just “only”. Giving good athletes a chance to run in front of a big crowd is always a noble aspiration.