website statistics

Men's 3x3 Basketball FIBA Universality-driven Olympic Qualification Tournament 1 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Posted (edited)
Men's 3x3 Basketball FIBA Universality-driven Olympic Qualification Tournament 1 2024

HKG.gif Hong Kong (HKG) - 12 April 2024 - 14 April 2024 HKG.gif

UOQT2024_HK_landscape.png

Official Website 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Programme 114826ez87b86sig8ubgz8.png
Results System 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Results Database 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Facebook Page 000832qcaljaxz2cfx2jfq.png
Discussion Thread 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Edited by Sindo

Is there a timetable for these tournaments somewhere? Can't seem to find it and I am interested to try and watch at least the weekend games. Maybe also try to go for the friday games on watchback, but I don't lnow if that is possible.

8 minutes ago, AsensioWillemsen said:

Is there a timetable for these tournaments somewhere? Can't seem to find it and I am interested to try and watch at least the weekend games. Maybe also try to go for the friday games on watchback, but I don't lnow if that is possible.

https://fiba3x3.com/2024/uoqt1/games

All matches will be streamed on the FIBA 3x3 YouTube channel

Posted (edited)

Not sure what the men's semis are now, the graphics in the stream showed different pool standings than the official website and therefore different semis.

Graphics on stream:

A

Netherlands

Austria

Switzerland

Hong Kong

Leading to NED - NZL and LAT - AUT as semis. But the official website has it Austria, Netherlands, Switzerland, Hong Kong, leading to NED - LAT and AUT - NZL.

I am inclined to say the graphics one is correct, since they had NED with 56 total points and the official website with 55, which is incorrect. That would mean NED - NZL and LAT - AUT in the semis.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Semifinals

:AUT v :NZL

:LAT v :NED

Did you base that off of the official website? Because there seems to be a mistake there. This equals 56 points for the Netherlands, not 55 as shown on the website:

aqesAth.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Did you base that off of the official website? Because there seems to be a mistake there. This equals 56 points for the Netherlands, not 55 as shown on the website:

Yeah, I got it from the website.

I'd rather have the two best teams meet in the final so hopefully this gets fixed soon.

2 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Yeah, I got it from the website.

I'd rather have the two best teams meet in the final so hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Yep. Until then I don't really dare say who the Netherlands will play tomorrow in the semis, but my gut says it's New Zealand :p 

3 minutes ago, andresap93 said:

I think they don't count the 22th point in the standings when a match ends with a team scoring 22 points.

Yeah, a mistake in the automatic calculation on the website was also my thought. Hard to confirm, because the Netherlands is the only team with a 22 point match, but a mistake in counting that extra point (which should of course count as it's a valid point) is the only explanation I can think of.

Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Edit: now that I think of it, even if they fix it, it shouldn't change anything. Austria has 57, so should be ahead of the Netherlands anyway, whereas Switzerland has 55, but lost against the Netherlands, so :NED should be 2nd anyway.

Edited by heywoodu