website statistics

Team GB at 2024 Olympic Qualifier Series Road to Paris 2024

So, taking one for the team, I'm trying to work out the chances of our B-Boys getting to Paris.

I can explain my working if required (I doubt anyone cares), but B-Boy Sunni is still in with an outside shot. Probably would need a top 10 spot here to be sure, although 11th or 12th might make it depending on other results.

1 hour ago, Epic Failure said:

So, taking one for the team, I'm trying to work out the chances of our B-Boys getting to Paris.

I can explain my working if required (I doubt anyone cares), but B-Boy Sunni is still in with an outside shot. Probably would need a top 10 spot here to be sure, although 11th or 12th might make it depending on other results.

some heroes don't wear capes.

39 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

Just looked at his group and he's got a good chance of making it through to the quarters. Should really be a straight shootout between him and the :KAZ B-Boy for second spot in the group. 

So I think that we might have missed celebrating a qualification in Men's Skate Park.

My maths (not guaranteed) has MacDonald scraping through in 20th place, once the 3 per nation aspect comes into play.

He would get knocked out by the African Continental Q, which would go to :RSA. *But* i believe that the host nation quota goes to the next ranked athlete, so he would get back in from that. 

Not bad for a 50 year old!

Edited by Epic Failure

6 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Just looked at his group and he's got a good chance of making it through to the quarters. Should really be a straight shootout between him and the :KAZ B-Boy for second spot in the group. 

Didn't you just die a little inside writing that? You're a hero, my man.

1 hour ago, Epic Failure said:

So I think that we might have missed celebrating a qualification in Men's Skate Park.

My maths (not guaranteed) has MacDonald scraping through in 20th place, once the 3 per nation aspect comes into play.

He would get knocked out by the African Continental Q, which would go to :RSA. *But* i believe that the host nation quota goes to the next ranked athlete, so he would get back in from that. 

Not bad for a 50 year old!

Is MacDonald the one that looks like a maths teacher clinging on to his youth and wants to be "down with the cool kids"?

2 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Is MacDonald the one that looks like a maths teacher clinging on to his youth and wants to be "down with the cool kids"?

that's precisely the one. Looks like he might be Skye's guardian on a field trip

9 minutes ago, RussB said:

that's precisely the one. Looks like he might be Skye's guardian on a field trip

Well, looks like he's an Olympian now. And in a 'yuf' sport, no less.