website statistics

British Swimming Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

2 minutes ago, RussB said:

In my book I think Evans and Hanlon both get selected (assuming the medley relay is given the green light)

I will be surprised if it is given the green light baring it could be a fair bit out of the target.  However that doesn’t mean others will go - it might just be a team of 27-29

Edited by Orangehair43

I tend to think they will take into account Evan's morning time as she has now swum this time twice. Pressure on Anna to make the decision easier though!

Just now, Cinnamon Bun said:

Given that the main objective for these games was to qualify all relays, I'd be surprised if they didn't accept all of them even if we miss the time by a small amount in a couple. 

If that was the case why bother to have those times anyway.

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Disappointing from Evans going that slow in the finals, but I reckon they'll take the heat swim more into consideration for the relay which will get her on the team. As for Hanlon, I think this could be curtains for her. 

Conversely, for me I think this is the swim that gets Hanlon on to the team. She only had the OCT for the 200 breast but in the 100 she got the OQT.

3 minutes ago, RussB said:

I tend to think they will take into account Evan's morning time as she has now swum this time twice. Pressure on Anna to make the decision easier though!

Hopkin needs to swim 52.69 for the medley relay to get in. Bizarrely, Mixed medley is already safe as the FMFM version squeaks under consideration time

2 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Conversely, for me I think this is the swim that gets Hanlon on to the team. She only had the OCT for the 200 breast but in the 100 she got the OQT.

I will be surprised if someone finishing second with a OQT goes. If Peaty doesn’t need a relay backup I’m not sure any relay does. 

Edited by Orangehair43

3 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

I will be surprised if someone finishing second with a OQT goes. If Peaty doesn’t need a relay backup I’m not sure any relay does. 

But Peaty does need a relay backup... and he's going to get one.