website statistics

GB Gymnastics

Watching the coverage is torturous - I'm not sure who in British Gymnastics made the decision to use Mensah and Francis-Reid as the presenters, but it has to be one of the most ill-judged decisions they are likely to make in their career. Neither of them seemed to know what was happening and Mensah prefaced pretty much every sentence with "indeed, indeed" :wall:

3 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Watching the coverage is torturous - I'm not sure who in British Gymnastics made the decision to use Mensah and Francis-Reid as the presenters, but it has to be one of the most ill-judged decisions they are likely to make in their career. Neither of them seemed to know what was happening and Mensah prefaced pretty much every sentence with "indeed, indeed" :wall:

The “indeed” man is killing me and I still can’t believe neither of them actually asked the Gadirova twins about when they were realistically aiming for in their recovery.

Not sure about the options of bringing in Jess as a replacement as late as July as indicated is a possibility? Good to see that she is moving forward in her recovery at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Georgia Mae Fenton and Ruby Stacey are competing this weekend in :TUR Antalya Challenge Cup. Important for GMF to put down some positive routines after a couple of difficult competitions marred by falls.

Early indications are positive:

Georgia Mae Fenton:

Uneven Bars - 14.050 qualified for final in 5th place.

Ruby Stacey

Vault - 12.700 (13.200 & 12.200) qualified for final in 8th place.

17 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Team for European Championships taking place in :ITA Rimini from 24-28 April: 

Joe Fraser

Jake Jarman

Courtney Tulloch

Max Whitlock

Harry Hepworth

James Hall also competing as an individual. 

Keeps all options open...and shows how close it probably is in selection terms...

On 3/30/2024 at 12:27 AM, Rafa Maciel said:

Team for European Championships taking place in :ITA Rimini from 24-28 April: 

Joe Fraser

Jake Jarman

Courtney Tulloch

Max Whitlock

Harry Hepworth

James Hall also competing as an individual. 

It’s interesting that British Gymnastics announce it on social media as if all six are part of the team event with the main graphic not containing the distinction.

Women's team for European Championships:

Ondine Achampong

Alice Kinsella

Becky Downie

Ruby Evans

Georgia-Mae Fenton

Do feel that Fenton can count herself fortunate to be included given she didn't have a great English or British champs. She was however solid in Antalya at the weekend so hopefully she can have a run of consistency going into the Olympics.