website statistics

Women's Basketball FIBA Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

15 hours ago, intoronto said:

Spain's basketball reeks of embarrassment and cheating. I hope they get 4th in Paris.

Team Canada has Victor Lapena, supposedly one of the best women's international coaches in the world. I do not see anyone blaming Lapena. Therefore, the blame must fall on the PLAYERS. Kia Nurse COULD have potentially scored enough points to defeat Spain and Japan. But her absence only magnifies the fact that Team Canada does not have the talent or depth to be a consistent FIBA medal contender.

Edited by Sindo

5 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

While it's sad for us to go out like this, it was a tough group and honestly, if we can't defeat Spain or Japan then our chances to medal were pretty low.

An honest Team Canada fan and an HONEST assessment of your team.

11 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

am not pro Canada or pro Hungary.. but I remain shocked that Canada contending for the podium in Paris is not even qualified

They never perform at the Olympics anyway. It was either shit the bed here or shit the bed in Paris. They decided to get it out of the way early this time.

At least our men finally qualified.

Just now, orangeman said:

They never perform at the Olympics anyway. It was either shit the bed here or shit the bed in Paris. They decided to get it out of the way early this time.

At least our men finally qualified.

I’d rather they shit the bed at the Olympics though. 

14 hours ago, Josh said:

I’d rather they shit the bed at the Olympics though. 

I can tell you right now Canada might not qualify for the 2024 Olympic Women's Basketball Tournament. And they most certainly will not medal at the 2024 Olympics. Canada's roster does not have ONE WNBA All-Star, much less a world class player. Canada has a good jockey {Victor LaPena} riding an old sway- back horse destined for the GLUE factory.

Edited by Sindo

1 minute ago, Vektor said:

FYI, it's not over yet. This can turn into a dangerous situation for Hungary quickly if they somehow lose focus, which is always possible for a Hungarian team. 

no, Spain seems to be giving up. I would have liked to see a match full of fight like yesterday Serbia Brazil

On 2/11/2024 at 9:53 AM, Vektor said:

FYI, it's not over yet. This can turn into a dangerous situation for Hungary quickly if they somehow lose focus, which is always possible for a Hungarian team. 

Lead is too much to make up, and Spain aren’t even trying. It’s over. 

Edit: Now a 7 point lead, but I just don’t see Spain coming back from down 19. 

Edited by Josh