website statistics

Sailing ILCA 6 World Championships 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

If :NZL wons the quota here, the 2nd Oceanian continental quota wont be awared and would move to the Last Chance Regatta, cause there where only two countries ( :FIJ & :SAM ) compiting

Edited by Jur

3 hours ago, Jur said:

If :NZL wons the quota here, the 2nd Oceanian continental quota wont be awared and would move to the Last Chance Regatta, cause there where only two countries ( :FIJ & :PNG ) compiting

Since :FIJ was given the ILCA 7 quota (I still think it's a mistake) then :SAM may still get the ILCA 6 reallocated quota.

2 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Since :FIJ was given the ILCA 7 quota (I still think it's a mistake) then :SAM may still get the ILCA 6 reallocated quota.

I was thinking about this...

So far only Fiji media has published this? Perhaps the Fiji Sailing Federation and athletes don't know the rules or they are trying to put forward the news. I will try to contact World Sailing regarding this (has someone already tried?) but I don't think they would respond...

34 minutes ago, dodge said:

No more racing today. They’ve spilt the field. I can’t see who, exactly, has made the gold and silver fields

though

if they keep only 2 fleets (Gold and Silver), I think there will be 50 boats in the Gold fleet and the remaining 50+ in the Silver

1 hour ago, dodge said:

No more racing today. They’ve spilt the field. I can’t see who, exactly, has made the gold and silver fields

though

I found it here:

https://onb.ilca.roms.ar/ilca6women2024/images/onbdocs/Fleet_Assignment_for_Monday_8th_January_2024.pdf

At a quick glance it looks like 8 nations will battle it out in the Gold Fleet for the 7 Olympic slots:

:IRL:FIN:ISR:ESP:TUR:IND:ROU:BUL