website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2024

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

In any talent contest, the one thing the public doesn't like is bullies.

Except for tomorrow, because it seems quite likely that Israel will win :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Apparently the Israeli delegation and journalists have been having a go at Spanish and Ireland journalist who have been shouting free Palestine during Israel's performances and whilst they've been in the press room. In my eyes if you can't take it then don't dish it out. 

“Journalists“ - Journalists code of ethics has become a recommendation at this point

Still in a democratic country which I Sweden consider to be, everybody can shout whatever they want as long as not illegal. 

so they can shout Long live Israel 

or Free Palestine. 
and everybody has to accept that!!!

including the Israeli delegation or anyone supporting Palestine. 

And whoever attacks or harreses someone for expressing his opinion should be banned, being me, you or the Dutch guy or whoever else. 

:NED will not particpate in the jury show according to a EBU statement. They'll use a pre-recorded performance.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Except for tomorrow, because it seems quite likely that Israel will win :p 

What do you mean expect for tomorrow? Putting everyone elses actions aside, the one person who has been wrongly hounded is Eden, and that's the main thing the public will take into account regardless of whether they support Israel in the war or not. Eden is the one that's been bullied the most, not anyone else. 

1 minute ago, prso1000 said:

Still in a democratic country which I Sweden consider to be, everybody can shout whatever they want as long as not illegal. 

so they can shout Long live Israel 

or Free Palestine. 
and everybody has to accept that!!!

including the Israeli delegation or anyone supporting Palestine. 

And whoever attacks or harreses someone for expressing his opinion should be banned, being me, you or the Dutch guy or whoever else. 

But at the same time the Israeli delegation has every right to go up to the Spanish and Irish journalists shouting free Palestine and state their piece. In a democracy you have ever right to stand up for yourselves, and the Spanish and Irish journalists have no basis to complain based on that. 

Just now, Cinnamon Bun said:

But at the same time the Israeli delegation has every right to go up to the Spanish and Irish journalists shouting free Palestine and state their piece. In a democracy you have ever right to stand up for yourselves, and the Spanish and Irish journalists have no basis to complain based on that. 

Sure, as long as no violence, they can shout what they want. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Apparently Joos was attacked by an Israel delegate, that do some jokes about him death parants

One of the many, many rumours, yes :p 

Although the same rumour is that some Israeli delegate person joked about his dead dad, and then Joost made it...physical. Not a fan of violence at all, but make fun at someone's dead parents and I hope the punch was a nice one. But again, this too is just a rumour, it's still entirely unclear what has happened and which countries have all been involved.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Apparently Joos was attacked by an Israel delegate, that do some jokes about him death parants

I heard rumours about that too, but I think they've been proved to be somewhat false. It seems the real reason he's been investigated is because he punched a Swedish photographer after the flag parade during the rehearsal.