website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

NASA is going to launch one spaceship to Mars soon with appelation " Hirak Algeria" :yikes::lol::clap:

Hirak ;means this wave of protesting against the governement since february ,they said they are going to send the peace to Mars & teach the democracy to the Aliens  :roflmao:

CuuL.jpg

here

10 minutes ago, bestmen said:

NASA is going to launch one spaceship to Mars soon with appelation " Hirak Algeria" :yikes::lol::clap:

Hirak ;means this wave of protesting against the governement since february ,they said they are going to send the peace to Mars & teach the democracy to the Aliens  :roflmao:

CuuL.jpg

here

I'd like to meet a 3-tits alien woman and teach her some democracy....

Excellent post of US biatlete Maddie Phaneuf, which I thought deserved a bit more than just a mention in a biathlon thread.

https://www.maddiephaneuf.com/single-post/2019/05/26/Invisible-Battles

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Algerian guy arrested for the Lyon bomb a few days ago.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48420490

Edited by heywoodu
Whatever

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I need just 3 more job applications to finally reach 100 applications without positive outcome :cheer:

EDIT: without positive outcome or without any real chance of get an interview even if I have not received an answer yet

Edited by AlFHg

15 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

I need just 3 more job applications to finally reach 100 applications without positive outcome :cheer:

EDIT: without positive outcome or without any real chance of get an interview even if I have not received an answer yet

I would imagine that some of that has to deal with the high unemployment in Italy right now, right?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

28 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I would imagine that some of that has to deal with the high unemployment in Italy right now, right?

Partially, considering that less than 10 of this positions were located in Italy. However, I live in the southern part of Italy where finding a job is sometimes even harder than in the rest of my country and that a lot of positions are absolutely low paid / hyperspecialized / requirements like "living in a fixed distance from the job place" when applying. The real main problem is that I am a rather uncommon chemist, as far as concerns my background: relatively wide, but not specialized. Just to say, in the 2 years following my master degree I was chosen for interviews in 2 of the most prestigious universities in Europe (university of Geneva and ETH in Zurich) but I couldn't fit with any of their requirements and in my opinion this is the thing that is still penalizing me. Plus, I have no scientific publications yet.

Edited by AlFHg

Il y a 7 heures, AlFHg a dit :

What is your level of schooling?