website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

New report claims the persecution and attacking/exterminating of Christians worldwide is reaching genocide levels.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Students from an American school walked away from a vigil after a school shooting (with one dead), because they felt it was not to remember the victim, but politicized to ask for tougher gun control laws*

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/05/09/colorado-school-shooting-vigil-students-walk-out-protest/1150282001/

*which I think should obviously be in place, as is shown time and time again, but come on, while remembering a victim...that's the worst moment to come up with that

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Students from an American school walked away from a vigil after a school shooting (with one dead), because they felt it was not to remember the victim, but politicized to ask for tougher gun control laws*

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/05/09/colorado-school-shooting-vigil-students-walk-out-protest/1150282001/

*which I think should obviously be in place, as is shown time and time again, but come on, while remembering a victim...that's the worst moment to come up with that

I’m not above that, you have to use the platform when you have it. In America, we mourn for 2 days, then move on, and then mourn the next shooting.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m not above that, you have to use the platform when you have it. In America, we mourn for 2 days, then move on, and then mourn the next shooting.

Some kid died and getting together should be to remember him, not to immediately make it political.

"That's just for my hobby!"

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Some kid died and getting together should be to remember him, not to immediately make it political.

We make it a political point so that the next kid doesn’t have to die.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

59 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

We make it a political point so that the next kid doesn’t have to die.

How wonderful for the people who come to a mourning service to, you know, mourn. Very understandable reaction from those students to walk out en masse.

37 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How wonderful for the people who come to a mourning service to, you know, mourn. Very understandable reaction from those students to walk out en masse.

I do agree that there most likely was a better time to bring up the gun issue, but I still think that the students who brought it up did what they had to.

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I do agree that there most likely was a better time to bring up the gun issue, but I still think that the students who brought it up did what they had to.

And so did those who came to mourn someone and so walked out at the right moment.