website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

1 hour ago, bestmen said:

remember your clip  this is America ..............shooooooot 

It’s a protest song FYI. There’s a lot meaning in that song and video (it’s satire), you can find explanations on YouTube.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Normal American Day: One school shooting has left a kid dead and multiple kids injured, video released of an police officer mistreating and then taking action that leads to a black woman’s death, an independent militia (which is an actual right granted in our constitution) says we should solve our immigration problem by gassing (as in gas chambers) immigrants, and on top of all of that our federal governments about to go to shit over a report that (even from my highly left view) proves nothing we didn’t know, besides that fact Trump’s an idiot and did try to skirt laws. So the Earth is literally dying, our students are, quite frankly dying, our constitution is dying, and asylum seekers are literally dying. 

I live in such a wonderful era of history (though as a student of history, I know that there isn’t many goods eras either).

This Is America.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

35 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Yeah, they are quite funny this time :d but the CZE-SWE and especially FRA-USA are my top I can´t hide smile on my face every time I spott it in TV :lol:

+ the GER-LAT one is cute :)

You mean the FRA-USA one is accurate ;)

Edited by Olympian1010

52 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

You mean the FRA-USA one is accurate ;)

Well, on paper USA has the fastest and strongest offensive. No doubts about. You are huge favs in that match too, but I don´t see the result being so high around 15-1 :d

In fact, sorry for this little off topic but..

I am really curious to see how you guys from NA will do on our ice, The Košice (where USA and CAN will play their first round) ice rink surface size is the largest in the country, this will require more skating. + the angles, the place behind the net and everything is totally different from the NHL North American ice rink sizes, that should be especially difficult to adapt for the goaltenders (we already saw yesterday Canada conceded 5 goals from Austria in the test game lol because the goalie had huge problems with reading the game).

The 3vs3 overtime on this ice size is also a absolutely different chapter, you have suddenly so much place on ice, this suit much more skilled players to show some nice tricks.

but overall, I mean, it´s not easy for NA player to get used to european rinks (and particularly to our "airport") so early, it requires some training sessions and matches. your players will certainly be surprised by the ice size when they will enter the the ice for their first training today :d

Why does bullshit news like this, about authorities being utterly idiotic, always seem to come out of Florida? :lol:

https://www.lakecityreporter.com/news/obscenity-arrest-sparks-1st-amendment-claim

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Why does bullshit news like this, about authorities being utterly idiotic, always seem to come out of Florida? :lol:

https://www.lakecityreporter.com/news/obscenity-arrest-sparks-1st-amendment-claim

Because Florida is the only state where all arrest records are public. It’s a phenomenon we journalists call “Florida Man”. Some interesting stuff comes out of Florida arrests let me tell you. This is honestly a tame one.

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Because Florida is the only state where all arrest records are public. It’s a phenomenon we journalists call “Florida Man”. Some interesting stuff comes out of Florida arrests let me tell you. This is honestly a tame one.

So post them, come on. Share the stupidity.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah I see Florida Man is something the internet came up with pretty nicely, even with a Twitter account to follow all these bullshit but kinda funny stories (and some really not funny but outright terrible ones).