website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

7 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Even years ago there were tons of technical support sites that were obviously machine generated. I never touched them! 

Although the level was obviously far, far, far behind what it is now, and it's improving not year by year, but day by day nowadays.

Taking a strong stance against the use of it might have been a thing 15 years ago, nowadays that's more or less the equivalent of an old man shouting at a cloud. Best thing is to learn and find ways how to use it, because it is absolutely not going to be stopped.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

56 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Although the level was obviously far, far, far behind what it is now, and it's improving not year by year, but day by day nowadays.

Taking a strong stance against the use of it might have been a thing 15 years ago, nowadays that's more or less the equivalent of an old man shouting at a cloud. Best thing is to learn and find ways how to use it, because it is absolutely not going to be stopped.

Been around long enough not to share your blind optimism.  

13 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Been around long enough not to share your blind optimism.  

Who says it's optimism?

The fact is the technology is growing ever faster, even the current AI models are far better and more sophisticated than the ones that appeared last year and that's only been a matter of months. As every single expert will tell, the 'AI' of 15 years ago (if one can even call that AI) is absolutely nothing compared to what's around free to use nowadays, not even a fraction of 1%. That's not a matter of optimism or pessimism or "I have been around longer, so I know better", it is simply what it is right now.

The big question is what's going to happen with it, because it 100% will keep developing and that's not going to slow down by any stretch in the next few years. One can either try to stop it, which is just not going to happen (the billionaire tech companies are developing it after all, they're not going to stop), or somehow try to incorporate it in one's technology, learning and so on.

I am not optimistic about that entire situation at all, for what it's worth. I don't see it as a majorly good development, but it is a development nonetheless.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Some people still think this is a war they could win. :d They never learn, when you close one, others pop-up to fill the void. The message they left, though probably fairly accurate, is strangely timed, just as our simpleton politicians are going to introduce a new law forced by the US/EU.

https://torrentfreak.com/iconic-torrent-site-rarbg-shuts-down-all-content-releases-stop-230531/

PS. I saw some mirrors still running, so the site isn't fully dead yet.

1 hour ago, Bearas said:

228 years ago

europe_map_large.jpg

Let's all get petty ;):) 

Not true! There was only Habsburg Empire in 1800! Latin was the official language in the Hungarian half! The Austro-Hungarian empire was born in 1867!

And this is the mean problem with 1920:

ethnographical-map.jpg

Edited by lapaj