website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

What do you guys is the fair price for a participation medal from a major multi-sports games (not Olympics or YOG)? I have my eyes on one, but I’m not sure it’s worth it. It seems like a really cool piece of history to own, so I’m just curious what y’all think. 

Come to think about it, I think I've never seen one for Asian Games 2018. I remembered they have a participation medal at the test event, though.

There's also a somewhat rare souvenir coin presented to VIP guests, which price is about $30 - $40 in online marketplace.

41 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Come to think about it, I think I've never seen one for Asian Games 2018. I remembered they have a participation medal at the test event, though.

There's also a somewhat rare souvenir coin presented to VIP guests, which price is about $30 - $40 in online marketplace.

There’s a lot of things that you just don’t find in circulation. I’ve noticed in general that their isn’t a lot available from Jakarta/Palembang.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Looking for something on Google I found an article with the date of 2nd December 2020 (that's how it was written - with the month in letters). Surprised I started wondering, what will happen in the future. Click on it and see something I've already seen somewhere in February. Looked at the date on the website - 12/2/2020.

FUCK YOU, 'MURICA!!!

Yeah, month-day-year makes zero sense. It's like naming the time in a minutes:seconds:hours format or something.

Then again, it's the US, we shouldn't expect better :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

31 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, month-day-year makes zero sense. It's like naming the time in a minutes:seconds:hours format or something.

Then again, it's the US, we shouldn't expect better :p 

We broke away from the tranny of the European date system. It’s the real reason we fought the War of Independence.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

We broke away from the tranny of the European date system. It’s the real reason we fought the War of Independence.

We are who we are, no need to be insensitive :mad: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutes ago, hckosice said:

The most freaking hilarious add for beer I spotted in my life, I just can not that guy :lol:

"Som rád, že tu sí, nepresádzaj kaktusý" - masterpiece :p

PS. Yesterday I was with my father in Lidl and he was looking for a beer - I found him last fourpack of Zlatý Bažant in a special price.

7 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

"Som rád, že tu sí, nepresádzaj kaktusý" - masterpiece :p

PS. Yesterday I was with my father in Lidl and he was looking for a beer - I found him last fourpack of Zlatý Bažant in a special price.

Seriously the most funny add I remember. Briliant work :lol:

Now I am really curious how much cost SVK beer in Poland ? :)

32 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Seriously the most funny add I remember. Briliant work :lol:

Now I am really curious how much cost SVK beer in Poland ? :)

I checked - sorry, I've been mistaken, it wasn't Bažant, but Žatecký.

But I found Bažant too - regularly 3,99 for 0,5 l, which is less than 1€.

3 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

I checked - sorry, I've been mistaken, it wasn't Bažant, but Žatecký.

But I found Bažant too - regularly 3,99 for 0,5 l, which is less than 1€.

Ah I see, well, I was first surprised to read Bažant in Lidl, to be honest :p Anyway Žatecký is a Czech beer :d

Not so very different then, here it varies from 0.45 to 0.70 EUR per 0.5l bottle or can,  :)