website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Ah, so a combination what Americans would call grocery store and warehouse store. I was so confused as to why y’all were using that word over and over :d

because Lidl is Lidl :d you have supermarkets and you have Lidl, no one will tell you, I'm going to the supermarket if he wants to go to the lidl, he will say, I'm going to the lidl.

yes, I know crazy europeans :lol:

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Ah, so a combination what Americans would call grocery store and warehouse store. I was so confused as to why y’all were using that word over and over :d

USA has Dollar General & 7-Eleven. Europe has Kaufland, Aldi & Lidl (among others) :bye:

There are few world renowed brands that Lidl offers here. It's either their brands or variety of products from bulgarian vendors, which is quite good actually.

Also, Lidl is 95% a grocery store, not much warehouse products. Kaufland has more of that stuff, but generally we have a whole different chains for warehouse stuff. 

24 minutes ago, hckosice said:

because Lidl is Lidl :d you have supermarkets and you have Lidl, no one will tell you, I'm going to the supermarket if he wants to go to the lidl, he will say, I'm going to the lidl.

yes, I know crazy europeans :lol:

I never say "I'm going to the supermarket", I say "I'm going to the Lidl" or "I'm going to Albert Heijn" or "I'm going to the Aldi" or "I'm going to the Plus" but never "I'm going to the supermarket" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I think Lidl has some bigger brands here, but I'm not sure because I basically only go there for two or three specific things I always get there :p 

They do sometimes have some random stuff on offer, like this set that I'm sure @hckosice would like and which provided for some rather intense battles in the garden :d 

lidlSpeelsets5.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I never say "I'm going to the supermarket", I say "I'm going to the Lidl" or "I'm going to Albert Heijn" or "I'm going to the Aldi" or "I'm going to the Plus" but never "I'm going to the supermarket" :p 

that´s what I meant. crazy european :d

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

that´s what I meant. crazy european :d

That's what happens when different supermarkets have different stuff :p If I'm going to Lidl, maybe someone wants me to bring something from there for example :p 

@hckosice One the students in my debate class has a Slovakian grandfather. It’s the first time I’ve ever heard of someone in California having Slovakian decent :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

27 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

USA has Dollar General & 7-Eleven. Europe has Kaufland, Aldi & Lidl (among others) :bye:

I’ve literally never been inside of either. 7-Eleven are just glorified gas stations, and Dollar General is for the poor white people in the South. Our big supermarkets are Albertsons, Vons, SaveMarket, Trader Joe’s (a Californian favorite, it’s the hipster grocery store), Whooe Foods, Stater Bro’s, and Smart and Final. Our big warehouse chains are Sam’s Club, Costco, Walmart, and Target. We have niche stores like CVS Pharmacy, Micheals, etc.

If you can think of a need, there’s a national chain store for it. We even a warehouse chain dedicated to alcohol called BevMo :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela