website statistics

Track Cycling at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

Agger

2 minutes ago, carivan said:

The scheduling was horrible. It's not an excuse because it hurts everyone, but the idea is to have these guys at their top for all three events. At least tomorrow the time trial is in the morning and there's at least 80 mins between the flying lap and the points race.

The first riders has about half an hour extra for restitution. Makes a lot of difference, when they get this little time.

hace 8 minutos, Agger said:

The first riders has about half an hour extra for restitution. Makes a lot of difference, when they get this little time.

I agree with that. I meant not an excuse among the candidates. It didn't give Gaviria, Boudat, Lansen, Cav, Viviani or O'Shea any advantage over each other (sorry I wasn't clear enough). But the level did suffer.

5 minutes ago, carivan said:

I agree with that. I meant not an excuse among the candidates. It didn't give Gaviria, Boudat, Lansen, Cav, Viviani or O'Shea any advantage over each other (sorry I wasn't clear enough). But the level did suffer.

Not trying to make excuses (it was just a bad race by Lasse), but when they have about an hour, even 15 minutes can make a noticable difference.

But of course, in general it is tough with the scheduling and makes it even more impressive (some would say suspicious) that Boudat could just keep on sprinting round after round.

hace 46 minutos, Agger said:

Not trying to make excuses (it was just a bad race by Lasse), but when they have about an hour, even 15 minutes can make a noticable difference.

But of course, in general it is tough with the scheduling and makes it even more impressive (some would say suspicious) that Boudat could just keep on sprinting round after round.

Agree 100% there

3 hours ago, Agger said:

A slightly bad start for Hansen in the time trial. I believe he would have beaten Gaviria had he started better. Maybe even Viviani and O'shea though I doubt it.

Hanse has a great start (80/80) but he losed all points at the elimination (Only 6 points)