website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

38 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

The rest still to come... But I know some people here know much more than me about field hockey or water polo ;-))))

I invite you all to this discussion. ;-)

I don't like to give 1,2,3 that much but I can give advice on these...

Hockey M - BEL clear medalist, then you have 3 teams (AUS, NED, GER) probably going for the others. Then IND is my personal dark horse. GB and ARG with minimal chance. Others have no chance IMO.

Hockey W - NED clear medalist and likely gold (but not as sure as, for example, USA in women basketball). Then IMO ARG, AUS, GER and NZL to share medals. Spain possible dark horse. I don't rate Ireland and GB, for diverse reasons.

Waterpolo M - I always think SRB is favorite but this time is big toss up between 5-6 teams (SRB + ITA, ESP and whoever come out of OQT alive).

Waterpolo W - USA and ESP are CLEAR candidates for medals. Then other team between RUS, AUS and OQT 2 teams will complete. 

34 minutes ago, EupenM said:

http://www.fiba.basketball/olympics/men/2020/news/way-too-early-predictions-for-the-olympics-who-will-qualify-and-who-will-impress-in-tokyo

Interesting article about qualification/final tournament. It's interesting that some predictors even don't belive that :SRB will qualify!

Thank you for this link, this is very interesting.

I personally think Greece, Lithuania, Serbia and Croatia will advance from OQT.

8 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

What do you mean - "for diverse reasons"?

And I wonder what you think about ARG medal chances in M Basket and M Football?

I don't want to talk about results and particular players so, to sum up in one sentence: IRL because they aren't good enough, GB too much youth and not as much talent as in the past.

Just now, LDOG said:

Little chance in both. Depends on the day, but I wouldn't bet money in either.

In this FIBA article mentioned above, they believe in ARG medal very strong. And they say Facundo Campazzo will be a big star in Tokyo. You agree about him?

And noone picked Greece there on FIBA website. Looks like I'm the only one here. ;-)

1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

Archery

Clean-sweep for Korea? Yes, it can very easily happen.

In archery I really hope for a medal for Bangladesh, like in the last wchs. Such a populous country and no one single olympic medal ever yet.

3 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

In this FIBA article mentioned above, they believe in ARG medal very strong. And they say Facundo Campazzo will be a big star in Tokyo. You agree about him?

And noone picked Greece there on FIBA website. Looks like I'm the only one here. ;-)

The team has great guards but 0 presence in the paint because we have only one good tall guy, so if they aren't scoring 3s like crazy we can't beat any elite team.

That's why I said "depends on the day".