website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

21 minuten geleden, rafalgorka zei:

Day one is finished. What would you watch on day two? 

Women's gymnastics with Rio gold Sanne Wevers on beam and Eythora Thorsdottir on floor :hearts:
Road cycling women with Annemiek van Vleuten and Marianne Vos

Swimming 4x100 women and Arno Kamminga breaststroke

On 24/07/2020 at 16:35, bmo said:

What events was everyone looking forward to the most on day1?

I was excited for the debut of 3x3 Basketball, Mixed Team Archery & Men’s Road Race the most.

From a German perspective: Men‘s individual sabre (probably our only medal chance on day 1)

From an international perspective: Men‘s road cycling (In my opinion this is one of the most unpredictable events of the games and for me it always feels as if the end of the men’s road race is the moment the games actually start) and the judo competition (because those events will probably have the best atmosphere on day 1)

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

52 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

I think the highlight will be the men’s 400 IM final with possibly an epic battle between Seto and Hagino.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 godzinę temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

I think the highlight will be the men’s 400 IM final with possibly an epic battle between Seto and Hagino.

Yes, swimming finals generally will be the highlights. 3.30 am european time but i must watch it day by day. At least they didn't agree for gymnastics finals on the same time like in Beijing. 

I think men's 400 free without Sun Yang will be a very open and interesting race. 

And women's 4x100 free relay is always great to watch. 

Then women's road race (with Katarzyna Niewiadoma) and first Basketball games. I hope that Greece will qualify and Giannis will show sth special! 

2 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

more or less, the same of day #1, plus the start of Slalom Canoeing and the Olympic debut of Skateboarding (but only because it's the Olympic debut)...

3 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Archery women’s team, Women’s Cycling road race, debuts of skateboarding & surfing, and swimming finals