website statistics

Tokyo 2020 Day after Day as it could have happened

6 hours ago, Dragon said:

In 2016 there were 38 Chinese born players competing for other countries in table tennis.

40 in London,

it’s not just individual players: some European nations seem to buy in the complete package: individuals, doubles pairings & even coaches.

But I’m not an expert, so you can tell me I’m wrong.

For me it's again canoe slalom. I just love this sport same as triathlon, so women's run would be also very important for me. Besides that I believe rowing. First finals and already two chances for medal for :POL Same reason for women's epee and even women's MTB (Włoszczowska woudn't be a favorite but maybe some bronze, who knows). 

12 hours ago, bmo said:

What is everyone looking forward to on day 4?

For me: Women’s team gymnastics final, softball final, women’s triathlon & swimming finals

my usual Fencing, Judo, the end of the Taekwondo program, Swimming, Shooting, Triathlon, MTB, Slalom Canoeing and the first Rowing Finals (the men's Quadruple sculls more than anything, as it's one of the Highlights of the Games from an Italian point of view)...

after all that, if I still can find some time, I'm going also for the Softball final...

very busy day, as always...:lol:

Day 4, another day with a lot of Dutch athletes. The second match of our handball women and hockey women (both world champion). But the main focus from a Dutch point of view today is on rowing, the finals of the Men's and Women's Quadruple sculls. Hopefully they can medal both.

Other interesting events for me to look forward to are the 200m freestyle swimming (men), triathlon (women) and MTB (women). What a day!!!

I would start with women's triathlon if I don't oversleep.

Then rowing finals - it looks like we are all going to watch quadruple finals - Poland has its chances for medals here, too. Both in men's and women's races.

And I wonder how the views at rowing and canoeing venue will look like - it will be hard to find something more spectaculiar than Rio, with Christ the Redimeer and all the mountains around, but who knows ;-)

Then swimming finals obviously - men's 200 free above all - Sun Yang launched an appeal but I do hope that it won't be successful and we will not see him in Tokyo next year. Anyway, it should be another open race, like 400

Then women's K1 slalom and MTB finals, but they are on the same time - some bad schedulling here

Then some fencing - Polish women's epee team has some chances for medal - there will be only 8 teams, so with some luck... who knows...

And finally women's artistic gymnastics team - it's a pity Romania is not as good as before, I was usually supporting them.

In a spare time - rugby and maybe some tennis or beach volleyball

I hope after day 4 Poland will have its first medal at least - if not in judo, then in rowing.

But still no gold I'm afraid.

PS. I do like this discussion, but writing this makes me sad somehow ;-) what if...

OFF-TOPIC:

Are you reading any good sports books now?

I have just finished The Olympics of 1972 by Richard D. Mandell - quite good one.

Having lazy time now - I'm on vacation which should be olympics-tv-vacation, but instead... ehh...

1 hour ago, rafalgorka said:

I would start with women's triathlon if I don't oversleep.

Then rowing finals - it looks like we are all going to watch quadruple finals - Poland has its chances for medals here, too. Both in men's and women's races.

And I wonder how the views at rowing and canoeing venue will look like - it will be hard to find something more spectaculiar than Rio, with Christ the Redimeer and all the mountains around, but who knows ;-)

(...)