website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Job Thread

Olympian1010

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Is there a field you think you can not do? :p 

Mathematics. (Well, and the Priesthood) (and most of the sciences and subjects that contain a lot of math).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Mathematics. (Well, and the Priesthood) (and most of the sciences and subjects that contain a lot of math).

Ah, my eternal enemy at the school level before university (which I didn't go to). Fuck you, mathematics.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

giphy.gif

Volunteer or full-time? It takes a lot to be a firefighter in California (you actually have to major in something called Fire Science), but the job pays quite well from what I understand.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, heywoodu said:

Ah, my eternal enemy at the school level before university (which I didn't go to). Fuck you, mathematics.

Yeah, I think psychology actually explains my problem with math, but I’ve mostly hated it as well. I had to take one math class so far in college, but it statistics, and it was interesting since we use a lot of those in psychology and communication studies.

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Volunteer or full-time? It takes a lot to be a firefighter in California (you actually have to major in something called Fire Science), but the job pays quite well from what I understand.

The official name is Volunteer but in fact it is a part-time job, the tests to be full-time are extremely difficult.

and yes, same here

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

The official name is Volunteer but in fact it is a part-time job, the tests to be full-time are extremely difficult.

Yeah, there’s not any dumb firefighters in California. I have major respect for firefighters:bowdown:

(P.S in the Police v. Fire debate, I’ll always go fire)

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, there’s not any dumb firefighters in California. I have major respect for firefighters:bowdown:

(P.S in the Police v. Fire debate, I’ll always go fire)

To be fair, that shouldn't be a debate at all, since any civilization basically needs both in one form or anothher :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I think it's all over the world that firefighters have the biggest respect out of all those services.

I work at school (the one I graduated from) as a secretary - it's an afternoon part-time job and I'm barely doing things for the school itself, rather for the foundation that is governing it. We are organizing a contest for our region from Polish&Literature and Maths and that's a lot of job to do, including requests for financial support from local authorities, mail, selling the book with the examples of tasks and solutions... besides we rent out our gym in the afternoon and we are closed from inside so I let those people in, I need to take payments from them, the same for people who are sending their children out of our school to our afternoon classes... But usually I have enough time to watch Eurosport Player (like ski jumping today), at least with the "picture-in-picture" mode.