website statistics

Judo IJF World Tour 2020

Totallympics

2020 Grand Prix (Tel Aviv, ISR)

Day #2 Recap

Finally, in the last day of the Tel Aviv GP, the Home Nation hit the headlines and won 2 of the last 5 weight categories thanks to their big men (Peter Paltchik, -100kg and Or Sasson, +100kg)...

the 3rd and last men's event from today instead was won by :KOR South Korea (Gwak Dong Han, -90kg) and this also gave the Asians the final victory in the medal table...

the last 2 women's Gold Medals, on the other hand, went to :GBR Great Britain (Natalie Powell, -78kg) and :FRA France (Romane Dicko, +78kg)...

the final Medal Table, as written before, was won by :KOR South Korea with 3 Gold Medals, followed by :GBR Great Britain, :ISR Israel and :JPN Japan with 2 Gold Medals each...

:AUS Australia, :SLO Slovenia, :ITA Italy, :FRA France and :RUS Russia completed the list of Gold Medal winners with one Gold Medal each...

Full Results

http://www.ippon.org/gp_isr2020.php

Day #3 Medal Session Replay

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like the end for Tessie Savelkoul's Olympic dream: her leg was in a very, very weird position and she had to be stretchered off.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Savelkoul's injury after 4:30 in this video. In case you don't want to see a leg bending the wrong way (so against the knee's natural direction), don't watch..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, Dnl said:

A giat suprise in Paris grad prix Teddy Riner lost in the 4th round to Kokoro Kageura of Japan in golden score!

Riner the current Olympic champions has not lost a fight in 9 consecive years(154 battles)

Yes! Great news. This makes for a far more exciting Olympics now.

Unfortunately the same can't be said about women's artistic gymnastics. Biles will be as dominant as ever and keep this sport from being any fun. I can't wait for her to retire.

You can say what you want, but in my opinion the results of Polish judokas have been very optimistic since the beginning of the year.
I did not think that Piotrek Kuczera and Beata Pacut would finish the competition at the Grand Slam points in Paris.

1 minute ago, TomJa said:

You can say what you want, but in my opinion the results of Polish judokas have been very optimistic since the beginning of the year.
I did not think that Piotrek Kuczera and Beata Pacut would finish the competition at the Grand Slam points in Paris.

well the polish judokas have improved a lot in this past year in today's grand slam they showed great judo and they deserved to get in those top 7

4 minuty temu, Dnl napisał:

well the polish judokas have improved a lot in this past year in today's grand slam they showed great judo and they deserved to get in those top 7

At the beginning of the year, when I read the statement of the coach of the team and the president of the association, I rubbed my eyes in amazement at what their optimism beat. And today I see that Polish judo is again beginning to mean something internationally.