website statistics

Men's Basketball NBA 2023 - 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It's just a 3-pt shooting contest most of the time and moreover, everyone is still more or less playing small ball. A center who can pass the ball is kryptonite in the modern NBA. And most opponents just want to outscore the other team than play genuine defense.

Who was the last center "kryptonite" before Jokic in your opinion? Can't think of any at the moment. Hard to say imo.

OK, time to say it loudly.

I see Spurs in play-offs. Or play-offs via play-in, to be precise.

I see Bucks vs Celtics on East Coast and Nuggets vs Suns on West Coast - like @Ogreman but then.... I just don't know.

I would like to see Bucks vs Nuggets finals, and let the best team win.

Dark Horse: Mavs on West, Knicks/Heat on East.

Edited by rafalgorka

12 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Who was the last center "kryptonite" before Jokic in your opinion? Can't think of any at the moment. Hard to say imo.

Other than Shaq and his backside shake it was probably Tim Duncan's spin & fade off the glass :d

• 2 weeks later...

He is a must-watch from day 1. Not sure when/if we ever saw a player like him. LeBron and Curry were/are somewhat similar. I think most people are more excited about watching him than about watching Giannis/Jokic/Doncic/Zion. There probably aren't (m)any athletes in other sports who are this exciting right now. It seems actually possible for him to become an all-star and maybe even DPOY this season already. I can't wait to see him against the american team in Paris next year.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Monzanator said:

@rafalgorkaYour take about Spurs in the playoffs doesn't look good. They are the second worst team in the league.

The worst are Detroit Pistons who set the record for most consecutive losses during a season last night (27).

Yes, i was probably biased here. I wished Sochan well. And i hoped Wemba will not only play well individually but the whole team will improve. Maybe next season...

• 4 weeks later...

70 piece for Joel Embiid yesterday, as the Philadelphia 76ers (29-13) defeated the San Antonio Spurs (8-35) 133-123! Embiid becomes the 9th player to score 70 points (or more) in a regular season game! (still none in the playoffs, MJ holds the record at 63 in game 2 of the 1986 NBA Finals)

Edited by Josh
63, not 64.

On 1/22/2024 at 11:52 PM, Josh said:

70 piece for Joel Embiid yesterday, as the Philadelphia 76ers (29-13) defeated the San Antonio Spurs (8-35) 133-123! Embiid becomes the 9th player to score 70 points (or more) in a regular season game! (still none in the playoffs, MJ holds the record at 63 in game 2 of the 1986 NBA Finals)

Not even a week later we have another 70 piece :yikes: as Luka Doncic scores 73 points (tied for the 4th most in a game in NBA history), as the Dallas Mavericks (25-20) record a 148-143 win over the Atlanta Hawks (18-27)!

• 4 weeks later...