website statistics

Fencing at the European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, Vektor said:

:ITA isn't sweeping this time in women's foil.

2 x :UKR + :ROU + :POL + :HUN so far in the Top8, good day for Central/Eastern Europe in women's foil. 

:lol:

only because we only started 1 girl (and not even one of the best 4 among them).

still we might win gold with less than the minimum effort :p

1 minute ago, phelps said:

only because we only started 1 girl (and not even one of the best 4 among them).

or maybe not...Cipressa is too much of a loser to keep the team on her own shoulders :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

Wtf? :lol: I mean, I get it, the individual events mean nothing in the ranking, but going into a very important team event like this seems quite strange. 

7 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Wtf? :lol: I mean, I get it, the individual events mean nothing in the ranking, but going into a very important team event like this seems quite strange. 

I have no idea why the took this decision.

I think I'll never understand what's in this people's mind.

by the way, this painful agony is over. Cipressa can fly home with the first plane available.

Nicely done, Flóra, we need all the success we can get our hand on in women's foil, even if it doesn't count for Paris. First fencing medal already in the bag in an event where we rarely see medals these days.

:ROU v :POL and :ISR v :HUN in the semis. 

Pretty much anyone can win this gold thanks to the Italian and French withdrawal. 

7 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Nicely done, Flóra, we need all the success we can get our hand on in women's foil, even if it doesn't count for Paris. First fencing medal already in the bag in an event where we rarely see medals these days.

:ROU v :POL and :ISR v :HUN in the semis. 

Pretty much anyone can win this gold thanks to the Italian and French withdrawal. 

Well didn’t see that coming but Absolutely amazing from 14 years young Kuritzki 

Edited by Dnl

@phelps you are not alone, :FRA is skipping ALL the individual events.

If I am seeing it right, :ITA only has their top fencers in men's and women's sabre.

Big yikes, they doing the opposite of what Áron Szilágyi done (he skipped the "real" ECh in favor of the individual European Games competition). All other top Hungarian fencers are competing both at the real ECh and at the European Games, with the exception of Anna Márton, who's injured.

Edited by Vektor