:USA Retherford vs :ARM Andreasyan

86kg (Olympic weight)

:IRI H. Yazdani vs :UZB Shapiev
:USA Taylor vs :KAZ Daulatbekov

125 (Olympic weight)
:IRI Zare vs :TUR Akgul
:USA Parris vs :GEO Petriashvili

14 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Good day for Iran - probably with 2 quota.

hmm, not really. these 2 guys at 86kg and 125kg are our bests, their quota was 99% guaranteed. can't say the same about other Olympic weights unfortunately. 2-3 more quotas will be a good result (absolutely no chance for 57)

and actually people here are a bit upset because H. Yazdani didn't look good. he used to finish his matches 10-0 in 2 minutes. that didn't happen today and he had troubles even against a guy from Australia !!! :yikes:  his match vs Taylor is something like a Messi vs Ronaldo thing here. 

61kg defeat was quite upsetting, this guy sucks big time, but at least we had a positive surprise at 70kg. he was terrible recently, nobody expected too much from him. (and yes we do care alot about the non-Olympic weights too :d)

Edited by MHSN

Just now, MHSN said:

hmm, not really. these 2 guys at 86kg and 125kg are our bests, their quota was 99% guaranteed. can't say the same about other Olympic weights unfortunately. 2-3 more quotas will be a good result

and actually people here are a bit upset because H. Yazdani didn't look good. he used to finish his matches 10-0 in 2 minutes. that didn't happen today and he had troubles even against a guy from Australia !!! :yikes:  his match vs Taylor is something like a Messi vs Ronaldo thing here. 

61kg defeat was quite upsetting, this guy sucks big time, but at least we had a positive surprise at 70kg. he was terrible recently, nobody expected too much from him. (and yes we do care alot about the non-Olympic weights too :d)

you know, always good to have quota on 1st event. For me you will get it. But this guy from Uzbekistan looks so good here.

Next tournaments could be stressuful. This period for your top wrestlers could be more calm than going and prepare for next events before OG.

5 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Petriashvili has a chance with Parris?

Geno is not the same great Champion we knew. he almost lost to the Russian, had problems even against Cambodia (which is a 10th tier Iranian wrestler) in the first round

Parris did good specially in his first match. I think it will be 50/50. if Geno gets a chance on top . he can still beat anybody in the world 10-0 by his fantastic gut-wrenches. but he is physically in a terrible shape. 

1 minute ago, MHSN said:

Geno is not the same great Champion we knew. he almost lost to the Russian, had problems even against Cambodia (which is a 10th tier Iranian wrestler) in the first round

Parris did good specially in his first match. I think it will be 50/50. if Geno gets a chance on top . he can still beat anybody in the world 10-0 by his fantastic gut-wrenches. but he is physically in a terrible shape. 

I saw his match with Baran, he seems to be in terrible phisical condition compare what I saw from him earlier. Parris looks more fresh... I hope for one repechage. 

Expected Yazdani - Taylor final at 86. Below them things are looking bad for Europe. That old saying goes "If you can't get a quota at the Worlds, better hope your continent get lots of them, so the Continental qualifiers are easier".