website statistics

Russian athletes that have changed nationalities

Cinnamon Bun

Started this thread to see how many have switched since the war and to get a clearer view on the impact the ban has had on not just Russia but the nations their athletes have defected to.  

I'm mostly in the dark with this one, so will need some help collating names.  

2 hours ago, phelps said:

just take the starting list of a random wrestling tournament...most of those guys (and girls) are probably Russian born wrestlers despite the Country they represent nowadays...:whistle: :coffee:

Do you have anyone off the top of your head? The only ones I have so far are :ALB Zelimkhan Abakarov and :AUS Georgii Okorokov.  

6 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Do you have anyone off the top of your head? The only ones I have so far are :ALB Zelimkhan Abakarov and :AUS Georgii Okorokov.  

:ITA Danila Sotnikov, just to name one (but we have a few more coming -including possibly an atomic bomb)...

and a few others just switched to our team in the previous months/years.

10 hours ago, phelps said:

just take the starting list of a random wrestling tournament...most of those guys (and girls) are probably Russian born wrestlers despite the Country they represent nowadays...:whistle: :coffee:

Then again, that was the case long long before Russia decided to invade :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!