website statistics

Shooting ESC Shotgun European Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

17 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Can you get Universality quota for him?

There is one available, but there will probably be a couple of candidates for it. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

:GBR missing out on yet another Men's skeet quota, oh why am I not surprised.  

Yet another frustrating performance from Team GB but one that feels like it has been repeated across a lot of sports - the team started the Olympic cycle strongly but not bringing their A-Game when it really matters.

Realistically Llewellin is down to the 2 last opportunities to get a quota - next year's European Shotgun Champs and the Final Qualifying Tournament - and I am not confident that he's going to do it. To make it worse, he and Amber Rutter would have been a strong pairing for the Mixed Skeet Event. :(

2 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Yet another frustrating performance from Team GB but one that feels like it has been repeated across a lot of sports - the team started the Olympic cycle strongly but not bringing their A-Game when it really matters.

Realistically Llewellin is down to the 2 last opportunities to get a quota - next year's European Shotgun Champs and the Final Qualifying Tournament - and I am not confident that he's going to do it. To make it worse, he and Amber Rutter would have been a strong pairing for the Mixed Skeet Event. :(

I still hold out hope for Llewellin and still think he'll get in through the rankings once all is said and done barring the :CYP shooter is able to get in. I think because there have been so many options to gain quotas early on than ever before that it feels like we're not doing very well when in reality we should be able to scrape by - it's just awful it has to be so dragged out and left until last minute.  

25 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

I still hold out hope for Llewellin and still think he'll get in through the rankings once all is said and done barring the :CYP shooter is able to get in. I think because there have been so many options to gain quotas early on than ever before that it feels like we're not doing very well when in reality we should be able to scrape by - it's just awful it has to be so dragged out and left until last minute.  

Yeah - we really needed to be picking up a couple of extra quotas through the world champs.

On the rankings - isn't there an Italian who is also ranked ahead of him?

10 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Yeah - we really needed to be picking up a couple of extra quotas through the world champs.

On the rankings - isn't there an Italian who is also ranked ahead of him?

Yes but they've already gained a quota and only NOC's who haven't already obtained one are eligible.  

Great to see Chalkiadakis get a gold medal for us, usually it's either Mitas or Mavrommatis doing something in the men's skeet, so this is a nice surprise! I wonder how the selection will go, as Mitas is world champion and Chalkiadakis is European champion, it will be hard to remove them so Mavrommatis or Gkogkolakis can compete.

Now we have qualified 5 shooters for Paris, a big success considering we only had 2 in Tokyo. Of course there is still a chance to add 1-2 more, maybe Chatzitsakiroglou can do it here as well :fingers:

After we won so many medals at the World Championships this year, and now this, my only fear is that we won't be able to replicate this in Paris :cry:

6 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Yes but they've already gained a quota and only NOC's who haven't already obtained one are eligible.  

According to @Adriano the rules have changed since Tokyo and Italy can still get that quota via rankings.

Edited by Makedonas

21 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

According to @Adriano the rules have changed since Tokyo and Italy can still get that quota via rankings.

You could check  rankings in totallympics. You have around two morr quotas via ranking

Edited by Adriano