website statistics

Road Cycling at the Cycling UCI World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

51 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Did only 51 racers finish?

That's all I'm finding so far...

Glasgow 2014, with a similar course and conditions, only had 12 finish. This is an improvement :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Wait, :CRC and :CHN should qualify within the Top 45, no ? https://www.procyclingstats.com/rankings/me/uci-nations-olympic-selection

It is more about :SRB / :VEN  + maybe :HKG if removing rus

I was looking at the UCI rankings which currently include events which will be dropped by October.

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Glasgow 2014, with a similar course and conditions, only had 12 finish. This is an improvement :p

Percentage wise in terms of actual pros at the start, that was probably a lot better though, considering the presence of nearly 100 riders who I doubt have ever ridden an actual pro race :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

it's not the same olympic ranking?

The Procycling ranking is based only on performances within the qualifying period whereas the UCI ranking is based on 12 month rolling period of a nation's top 8 riders. 

In theory they should come together and show the same ranking by the time the qualifying period ends in October. 

2 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

The Procycling ranking is based only on performances within the qualifying period whereas the UCI ranking is based on 12 month rolling period of a nation's top 8 riders. 

In theory they should come together and show the same ranking by the time the qualifying period ends in October. 

so which classification to rely on?

12 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

it's not the same olympic ranking?

Same, but it count only the qualifying period, while this one is the classic ranking which by time will later remove the results from the pre-qualifying period.

As mentioned above me, both should in October have the same standing at the end

24 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

so which classification to rely on?

Personally I go with the UCI version purely because it is the easiest one to work with and is ultimately going to be the source used to allocate quotas and there aren't that many big events left over the next 8-10 weeks or so that are going to have big impact on the ranking.  

39 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Personally I go with the UCI version purely because it is the easiest one to work with and is ultimately going to be the source used to allocate quotas and there aren't that many big events left over the next 8-10 weeks or so that are going to have big impact on the ranking.  

France is likely to have 4 quotas?

7 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

France is likely to have 4 quotas?

I haven't run the full projection for Q3 yet, but at the moment, I think Belgium and Denmark are pretty much guaranteed a full team of 4. France and Great Britain should also be OK for full team. The last full team probably going to come down to a fight between Spain and Slovenia.