website statistics

[POLL] Which Nations will Be in the Medal Count Top 10 at the Summer Olympic Games 2016?

Which Nations will be in the Medal Count Top 10 at the Summer Olympic Games 2016?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which Nations will be in the Medal Count Top 10 at the Summer Olympic Games 2016?

If you add money combined with population it is difficult to look beyond the big five from Europe - France, Germany, GB, Italy & Russia - and the big five from the Pacific Rim - Australia, China, Japan, South Korea & USA.

However, one and sometimes two of these countries has a poor games at each Olympics and so someone else can make it into the top ten. If this happens in 2016, NZ is my first choice and Hungary my second.

I already said this in the old forum, but I'm quite confident Brazil will win at least 10 golds.

- at least 3 volleyball events

- 1 swimming (possibly the women marathon)

- 1 Sailing (host always seems to win at least 1)

- at least 2 in Judo

- at least 1 in Boxing (maybe more, this ALWAYS happens in boxing)

- 1 Men's Football (something can happen, but they will have the most complete team for sure)

- 1 or 2 between: Gymnastics, Canoeing Sprint, Modern Pentathlon, Tennis Doubles, Shooting, Athletics

Imo New Zeland has better chance for top 10 than Italy (rowing,cycling,sailing,canoeing,golf,rugby,athletics-in all sports huge chances for gold medals + medals chances in swimming,equestrian)

Edited by dareza

Kenya and Brazil are missing, they are realistic top 10, not the "other option" ;p like Poland, Spain or Canada :d, Ukraine can struggle to beat Brazil and Kenya

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it