website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics FINA World Championships 2019

vinipereira

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

yes, always...

and when they're entitled to do it, they always put also their professional degree, too (I mean, I've seen more than once on their TV things like "dr. XXX -family name) YYY -given name)...

I had never heard of that, cool :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

32 minutes ago, dcro said:

Italy should actually sweep 800/1500 events. :yikes:

In the women's 800 free we have Smith and Titmus and maybe Ledecky. In the men's 1500 free we have Wellbrock and Romanchuk who can both beat Paltrinieri if they are at their best.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't think he retired from the 100 free because of that :p 

I mean:

1. Scott didn't appear this morning

2. Sun is bad now

1 + 2 = Sun knocked Scott out (explaining why Scott couldn't start and Sun is tired :d )

1) Why should he swim the prelims if he doesn't think he can medal (considering that he already knows where he is at after the relays)?

2) How is Yang bad now? He has been bad in the 800 free for years, noone ever expected him to medal in this event.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, GoHungary! said:

Yes, just like in Japan afaik.

Yeah, I knew about Asian countries, not about the rest :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

Dutch made the final? It can't be! :yikes:

Obviously in a non-Olympic event, but you know, progress :p 

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Will be interesting to see if Italy can win a swimming gold medal in Tokyo? I only see Paltrinieri defending his title(s).

for sure, if Ledecky is somehow healthy, Quadarella's gold becomes a silver...

but I wouldn't bet against Pellegrini closing her career with a Gold medal...

Paltrinieri could defend his title (and double it up in the olympic newcomer, the 800m free) and Detti could be a threat in the 400m free (he's just 6/100 behind Horton -and he has not had a full year of training, as this winter and early spring he was still recovering from last year's shoulder injury- and hopefully Sun will be out of contention after CAS sentence next september)...

but yeah, we could easily end up without any gold medal...

Fu is out :cry:

Spoiler

fuuuuu.jpg