website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

Totallympics

On 9/7/2024 at 9:34 PM, konig said:

Somebody is watching the "Rings Of The Power" like me?, i hate the series but i have the duty to watch it for being based in the world of Tolkien.

I watched the first series, will catch up when it's finished.  I'm not that huge Tolkein purist, so did like S1.

On 9/7/2024 at 10:34 PM, konig said:

Somebody is watching the "Rings Of The Power" like me?, i hate the series but i have the duty to watch it for being based in the world of Tolkien.

Still on my list and excited about it, everyone I know who has seen it has been positive about it :d  The only negative things I heard about it were coming from people saying stuff like "this is woke!" and "that is woke!" and "too woke!!", so yeah, nothing that actually matters.

First some other things though. Just finished House of the Dragon's second season, which was fan-tas-tic :hyper: Now started with Breaking Bad and Chernobyl and waiting for From's 3rd season to be available.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 9/7/2024 at 10:34 PM, konig said:

I think it has the writing of a soap opera, plotlines does not make sense, characters have an average IQ near zero, full of internal inconsistencies, without any sense of scale, space and time. "Dinner time TV" that is more enjoyed watching it in the background, but with a wasted huge budget - some good showrunners could have made it a least on a Game of Thrones level series. The "Inside of episode" stuff is really comical when the showrunners and directors speak. Sadly it's the only "Middle-earth" series as of now.

Ah, I forgot: every few minutes there are callbacks to the movies + quotes straight up ripped from them but placed at random, like a sit-com.

Edited by Faramir

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Just finished House of the Dragon's second season, which was fan-tas-tic :hyper: 

I’m really looking forward to season three.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Still on my list and excited about it, everyone I know who has seen it has been positive about it :d  The only negative things I heard about it were coming from people saying stuff like "this is woke!" and "that is woke!" and "too woke!!", so yeah, nothing that actually matters.

First some other things though. Just finished House of the Dragon's second season, which was fan-tas-tic :hyper: Now started with Breaking Bad and Chernobyl and waiting for From's 3rd season to be available.

Mannnnn From season 3, I wanna watch it!

Here in Brazil, this serie isn't so much recognize. Looks MAX would stream it in their platform, but when I acessed it, there's no info about that.

1 minute ago, Laraja said:

Mannnnn From season 3, I wanna watch it!

Here in Brazil, this serie isn't so much recognize. Looks MAX would stream it in their platform, but when I acessed it, there's no info about that.

Yeah, here season 1 is on Netflix, season 2 I had to download because I couldn't find it anywhere. So, same for season 3, but last time I checked only the Russian version was available yet :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Am boycotting all George RR Martin productions until he finishes what he started.  

1 hour ago, Faramir said:

I think it has the writing of a soap opera, plotlines does not make sense, characters have an average IQ near zero, full of internal inconsistencies, without any sense of scale, space and time. "Dinner time TV" that is more enjoyed watching it in the background, but with a wasted huge budget - some good showrunners could have made it a least on a Game of Thrones level series. The "Inside of episode" stuff is really comical when the showrunners and directors speak. Sadly it's the only "Middle-earth" series as of now.

Ah, I forgot: every few minutes there are callbacks to the movies + quotes straight up ripped from them but placed at random, like a sit-com.

Faramir makes a good sumary about what is the series for me @Grassmarket @heywoodu, in some moments i thinked "this was made by somebody who dont know nothing about the middle earth history or directly hate all this".

The chapters are mostly boring, the inconsistencies are so big to dont find it, i really hate the "Gandalf/pre hobbit part and a big etc, at least the episode 7 of the second season has action.

P.S: @Faramir what is your opinion about the "kiss" in the last episode?

P.S: i am anti woke, i never "hide it" but the "wokism" of the serie is probably the last problem for me: i never like to have another 
"ethnicities" when tolkien only mention it for the man of the south and nobody else but still being a "detail". The problem for me with this conception is the concept of the orcs try to be complete "distorted" in this series, that attack something substantial of the  middle earth history and it canot be tolerated.