website statistics

Modern Pentathlon 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...

I mean if you get rid of fencing then modern pentathlon IS triathlon. This is some crazy joke. Let's don't waste time on this laser shooting thing because it's a total blip on the radar at this stage. I'm amazed IOC hasn't killed this sport off yet to make room for more break dancing events.

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

I mean if you get rid of fencing then modern pentathlon IS triathlon. This is some crazy joke. Let's don't waste time on this laser shooting thing because it's a total blip on the radar at this stage. I'm amazed IOC hasn't killed this sport off yet to make room for more break dancing events.

To be fair, if they need to kick out a sport, it wouldn't be unfair to have modern pentathlon be the one on the chopping block.

Not saying it should go, but gun to the head to choose one sport, I'd go with that one, probably. Well, breakdancing, but I mean in terms of sports which have already been Olympic instead of sports which will make their debut soon :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Horse Activists ruined my once favorite sport,the federation Overeacted to quite frankly a nothing burger[no one will convince me that  Saint boy was in anyway traumatised or hurt,and certainly not by raisners[the german coach] love tap] to please people who never watched the sport anyway,i hope Schormann is gone very soon,so yes i'm team pentathlon united all the way.

Edited by Biathlonfan

13 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Laser shooting has been there since 2011 as  part of the whole thing,i think you mean the ridicoulous obstacle course crap,that is to replace riding

12 hours ago, heywoodu said:

To be fair, if they need to kick out a sport, it wouldn't be unfair to have modern pentathlon be the one on the chopping block.

Not saying it should go, but gun to the head to choose one sport, I'd go with that one, probably. Well, breakdancing, but I mean in terms of sports which have already been Olympic instead of sports which will make their debut soon :p 

explain what the point of football being in the oympics is,the pros don't even play there,and football does not need the olympics whatsoever,Modern pentathlon does.Football can go,boxing can go.

Edited by Biathlonfan