• Great Britain 1936
    • Russia (USSR / EUN / OAR) 1956 1964 1968 1972 1976 1984 1988 1992 2018
    • United States 1960 1980
    • Sweden 1994 2006
    • Czech Republic 1998
    • Finland 2022
    • Slovakia 2026

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/18/2022 at 07:00 PM

Nagano 1998. Called the tournament of century. First time ever all NHL stars played the tourney, even if the format was one absolute joke, nonsense and stupid stupid, but really stupid mistake...it was for sure in term of level an unprecedented tournament at that time.

And first ever Olympic hockey gold for CZE. Is just a think that can not be beaten never

...unless you´re prophecy about Milano will work ofc :hatoff:

22 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Goals conceded 3

2 of them from :GBR :d

But that was not fair from CAN, they send the Toronto Granites to represent them in Chamonix which was an almost NHL level team at that time :p

Edited by hckošice

really surprised that nobody already choose the Big Red Machine.

I can forgive the youngsters that have never seen them play, but the more expert guys...c'mon!

I know Russian are not so popular right now, but those guys wearing the red jacket were just on another level.

16 minutes ago, phelps said:

really surprised that nobody already choose the Big Red Machine.

I can forgive the youngsters that have never seen them play, but the more expert guys...c'mon!

I know Russian are not so popular right now, but those guys wearing the red jacket were just on another level.

I neither can not believe that nobody picked Slovakia 2026 ! world of ungrateful people :p

but to be serious, sure, the red machine was simply impressive and some of their lines, especially Makarov-Larionov-Krutov, oh dear god, this was something so beautiful, an orgasm for hockey fans.

They are still called by many as the best what hockey ever produced and god know that it is completely legitimately deserved. but we still have to differentiate the different tournaments, I am really not the biggest fan of such comparison between different tournaments in different times, each tourney had its different and unique climate around, unique distribution of forces etc... Hard to say that the red machine of the 1970s was better than the red machine of the late 80s or better of any of the Canadian teams of the 20s-30s, You can also suggest the best tournaments are arguably the one with equally full NHLers involved from Torino or Vancouver, maybe even the Sochi one... Maybe Nagano (which I voted) because it was something unprecedented for the hockey world the first time with NHL, a tournament the whole hockey planet was looking forward years before...

For me there no one best team, many of them were great, some of them absolutely legendary but in the end all champions deserve their glory in this beautiful sport.

Was probably the most emotional comment I posted in a while, so cherish it ! :p

Edited by hckošice

Shall I continue with all these polls? Honest question. I won't be mad if you say no.

Any suggestions? How to improve it?

Or maybe a 1 month or 2 months hiatus?

Now there are 3 series of polls.

Imaginary Summer Olympics

Imaginary Winter Olympics

Paris 2024 very early predictions

Is this too much?

Should I skip one or two of these???

Or maybe add something?... No, I won't do it.