website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

4 hours ago, phelps said:

:ITA has beaten :FRA in Judo (Team event) :yikes:

p.s. both teams not using their top players (except for a couple of them), but still :yikes:

unfortunately, then we lost in the semifinal match vs :GEO but only by the slimmest of margin, with Gennaro Pirelli (a -100kg player) first beating Guram Tushishvili (former world champion at +100kg) in their regular match, but then losing the playoff re-match and getting a bad ankle injury, the Georgian took advantage of by throwing a brutal de ashi barai just on the injured point.

hope that Gennaro hasn't to miss too much time (training and competing), missing next month's Masters might prove lethal for his chances to qualify to the Olympics (and not having him at the Games would mean to likely miss out on the team event for :ITA)

all that, for a senseless tournament like this :facepalm:

by the way, finally :ITA won an unexpected Bronze medal after defeating :POR by a score of 4 bouts to none in the BMM.

so, also Judo has given its contribution to our hypertrophic medal table :d :cheer:

p.s. in the meantime, it's 8 out of 10 for our Kickboxing team. 

:ITA have proven once again to be the dominant force in this sport, reaching 8 gold medal matches (Tomorrow).

:GER have 4 and a bunch of Nations have 3. (if I remember correctly, I might have miscounted some Country).

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

I mean last time :SVK had a ski jumper in a major competition around this standing I had Avril Lavigne´s Sk8er boi playing on my walkman

Who’s Avril Lavigne? :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela