https://iwf.sport/results/results-by-events/?event_id=562

men's -73kg

Gold: :INA Rahmat Erwin Abdullah

Silver: :INA Rizki Juniansyah

Bronze: :KAZ Alexey Churkin

Full Results

crazy night in Bogotà...

first, the great Chen Lijun gets beaten by the hometown hero Mosquera despite a good lead taken in the Snatch phase in the -67kg, then Indonesia makes an unbelievable double in the men's -73kg, where Gold and Bronze medallists came directly from Group B :yikes: (shame on the technical committee :facepalm:).

I can't remember a weightlifting competition when two guys from Group B end up winning total medals. one medal happens sometimes but two ? maybe this is the first time in history

Rahmat EA intentionally puts himself in Group B, everybody knows it, he broke CJ world record too but I think the Kazakh guy wasn't there intentionally . it just happened because some other guys gave unnecessarily high entry records. this time entries were available online the whole time and you could see what entry record is good enough to put you in Group A.

and you rarely see average weightlifters from China. one or two maybe but there are 5 or 6 average athletes from China already :yikes: what's up with Chinese weightlifting ? @Vic Liu is this just not the A team ? or the new generation is not as good as the old one ? (probably because of COVID and the problem it created)

17 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I can't remember a weightlifting competition when two guys from Group B end up winning total medals. one medal happens sometimes but two ? maybe this is the first time in history

Rahmat EA intentionally puts himself in Group B, everybody knows it, he broke CJ world record too but I think the Kazakh guy wasn't there intentionally . it just happened because some other guys gave unnecessarily high entry records. this time entries were available online the whole time and you could see what entry record is good enough to put you in Group A.

and you rarely see average weightlifters from China. one or two maybe but there are 5 or 6 average athletes from China already :yikes: what's up with Chinese weightlifting ? @Vic Liu is this just not the A team ? or the new generation is not as good as the old one ? (probably because of COVID and the problem it created)

It's a full A team. But apparently not everyone is on their best condition. I don't know the reasons either. Covid is a possible reason but I wouldn't blame on it as it's their choice to go abroad late and with no enough time to adjust themselves.

that was a crazy night, Carlos Nasar bombed out at Snatch and then broke the World Record by3kg at CJ !!! Tian Tao and Shi Zhiyong just made fun by entering big weights in the table but never even entering the competition. (they just entered here to fulfill one of their Olympic Qualification events)

it was a bad night for Iran, Javadi was totally out of shape and Rostami lost the gold medal once again to losing his focus and ended up with nothing !! (finishing 4th) that was his best and maybe last chance to win a world title without Nasar and Tian.

Yesterday's Recap

men's -81kg

Gold: :CHN Li Dayin

Silver: :TKM Rejepbay Rejepov

Bronze: :KOR Kim Woo Jae

Full Results

men's -89kg

Gold: :VEN Keydomar Giovanni Vallenilla Sanchez

Silver: :COL Brayan Santiago Rodallegas Carvajal

Bronze: :CHN Liu Huanhua

Full Results