website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

43 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What do you mean with this?

'Everybody' is the general population in Iran, and "their team" means the team is being seen as the team of the regime, or am I misreading it?

yes I mean general population. of course we never have a real poll to know what people really think but that's my understanding based on social media, people I meet in real life etc

some say this is "Islamic Republic team", not the "national team" therefore I support whoever faces the IR team and I'm glad the IR loses

some players participated in a photoshoot with so-called president few days ago which amplified that voice. that was a stupid move but I'm not sure if they had any other option. nobody sang the national anthem at the start of the match even though they were under pressure from the regime to do so.

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

why? aren't they at that level so far? :whistle:

Netherlands wishes :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Right, time for a break from this horrendous game and that godawful neverending drum that makes me want to throw the TV out of the window :hairpull:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, MHSN said:

yes I mean general population. of course we never have a real poll to know what people really think but that's my understanding based on social media, people I meet in real life etc

some say this is "Islamic Republic team", not the "national team" therefore I support whoever faces the IR team and I'm glad the IR loses

some players participated in a photoshoot with so-called president few days ago which amplified that voice. that was a stupid move but I'm not sure if they had any other option. nobody sang the national anthem at the start of the match even though they were under pressure from the regime to do so.

Unfortunately this is the problem of many Middle Eastern countries 

Would you believe that :SEN under coach Aliou Cisse won exactly 100 international matches so far ! :yikes:

From the 145 games he coached Senegal lost only 9, that must be one of the most successful coaches in the world. Also this year :SEN played 9 matches and lost only once in Cairo to Egypt 1:0

4 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Would you believe that :SEN under coach Aliou Cisse won exactly 100 international matches so far ! :yikes:

From the 145 games he coached Senegal lost only 9, that must be one of the most successful coaches in the world. Also this year :SEN played 9 matches and lost only once in Cairo to Egypt 1:0

Senegal played 145 matches in only 8 years or so? :yikes: