website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, stepansevs said:

Yes this format with the best teams from 3rd place is everytime the worst. There is double advantage of weaker group.

Moreover for me, it does not have sensei, that last matches in same group is needed to play at same time when more important is comparing teams between groups at 3rd places.

Euro should be with 16 teams. World Cup with 32 teams. I would prefer this one more despite that Czech will not qualify

Exactly. There's already other sports, if I'm not mistaken, where this thing with 'best numbers 3' exists and that's bad enough, it should be slowly taken away from sports, not added to other sports...it's just entirely unfair because you simply can't fairly compare the performance of teams from different groups.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

You do know, that the Governing Bodies are not very keen on "fair competition" or "player health" :d. More teams = More matches = More money. 

Is there anything in sports after the 70s, that has went back and reduced the number of competitors :d The tendency is to only increase. Plus all of these countries are happy with the bigger formats, because it will be easier for them to qualify and participate in the big event. If you ask them, I'm sure they would want a Euro with 32 teams, no matter what the quality would be.

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

You do know, that the Governing Bodies are not very keen on "fair competition" or "player health" :d. More teams = More matches = More money. 

Is there anything in sports after the 70s, that has went back and reduced the number of competitors :d The tendency is to only increase. Plus all of these countries are happy with the bigger formats, because it will be easier for them to qualify and participate in the big event. If you ask them, I'm sure they would want a Euro with 32 teams, no matter what the quality would be.

Of course I know they're not going to go back to 16 teams, despite the 3rd place nonsense, but one can still have an opinion about it :p 

And honestly I'd much rather see a 32 team Euro than a 24 team Euro. To be clear, my first choice would obviously be 16 teams, but with that being entirely unrealistic unfortunately, I'd very much prefer 32 and a normal format over 24 and an intrinsically unfair format.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

It´s clearly coming home this time (for sure, this time for sure ! English media calls it, so that must be true :d) since English press thanking Georgia for their gift and already celebrating the easy win against Slovakia next Sunday :d

image.png

image.png

28 minutes ago, hckošice said:

It´s clearly coming home this time (for sure, this time for sure ! English media calls it, so that must be true :d) since English press thanking Georgia for their gift and already celebrating the easy win against Slovakia next Sunday :d

image.png

image.png

I'd love for Slovakia to rub their noses in the face :P By the way, I'm surprised by the overconfidence and triumphal of people from a country that last won a major event in... 1966, almost 70 years ago. Before the last Euro final in 2021 with Italy in London, they are also very confident and apparently even the next day was off from work to celebrate :P I would advise the English to be more humble and less triumphal.

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Referees for first two KO matches:

:POL Szymon Marciniak - :SUI vs :ITA

:ENG Michael Oliver - :GER vs :DEN

This referee from Poland judged the final Champions League in the last year: Inter-Man.City. May he be more happy for us now.

Edited by copravolley

39 minutes ago, hckošice said:

image.png

image.png

Literally everyone in Europe next match giving their good energy to Slovakia:

e3866e70f47d16fba63914afe3ee09134bbab28c